Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1977 KZ650 Resto-Mod 08 Jul 2022 07:31 #870051

• letthegoodtimesroll
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Looking great, awesome father son project! I'm also working on a 1977 KZ650 and will be using the Motogadget M-unit blue, do you have a wiring diagram that you could share? Thanks
1977 KZ650C1, Kerker Header, Dyna ignition and coils, GPZ 750 oil pan and cooler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1977 KZ650 Resto-Mod 08 Jul 2022 08:32 #870054

• Njones
  • Njones's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4

Looking great, awesome father son project! I'm also working on a 1977 KZ650 and will be using the Motogadget M-unit blue, do you have a wiring diagram that you could share? Thanks
Yes I do, happy to share! A few notes:
  1. I used the Revival Cycles Signature Deluxe Mo.Unit Wiring Bundle (the schematic is color coded to that)
  2. I upgraded the starter solenoid to the Revival Cycles Signature Universal Starter Solenoid w/Main Fuse
  3. I also replaced the points with a Dyna-S ignition, but wiring that section should be pretty similar
  4.  Z1Enterprises has a reg/rec that is combined and I definitely recommend upgrading to that rather than keeping them separate.
  5. I replaced the original handlebar controls with motone buttons. 
Hope it helps! I have found good help here on these forums. I'm also happy to help if you have any other questions about the schematic and wiring.

Good luck!
1977 KZ650B
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: letthegoodtimesroll

1977 KZ650 Resto-Mod 08 Jul 2022 08:55 #870056

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1720
Guys am I missing something, this diagram shows the starter solenoid switching the M-Unit and the starter motor permanently fed through the main fuse ?- also this configuration doesn't appear to show how the battery is getting charged (RR direct to M-Unit)

Attachments:

1977 KZ650 Resto-Mod 08 Jul 2022 08:59 #870057

• Njones
  • User

Guys am I missing something, this diagram shows the starter solenoid switching the M-Unit and the starter motor permanently fed through the main fuse ?- also this configuration doesn't appear to show how the battery is getting charged (RR direct to M-Unit)

This is all based on the schematics I got from Revival Cycles when I bought all the stuff. The Revival Starter Solenoid is integrated with the main fuse ( Solenoid Schematic ). Because it's all integrated I have probably labeled it wrong if the fuse and solenoid were to be separate. 
1977 KZ650B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

1977 KZ650 Resto-Mod 08 Jul 2022 09:04 #870060

• Njones
  • User
Maybe switching the labels around to match more the Revival Cycles schematic might help?

1977 KZ650B
Attachments:

1977 KZ650 Resto-Mod 08 Jul 2022 09:36 #870062

• Wookie58
The rest looks fine from a quick glance but I would suggest adapting with the below
WARNING: Be careful using diagrams that are designed around a specific suppliers "integrated" units unless the info supplied shows the internal circuitry of that unit

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Njones

Last edit: by Wookie58.

1977 KZ650 Resto-Mod 08 Jul 2022 10:24 #870063

• Njones
  • User

The rest looks fine from a quick glance but I would suggest adapting with the belowWARNING: Be careful using diagrams that are designed around a specific suppliers "integrated" units unless the info supplied shows the internal circuitry of that unit 
I'm using a lead acid battery, but if I switch to a Lithium I'll keep that in mind.The schematics for the revival starter solenoid and explanation how it was made is in the fact sheet they include when ordering the part.  
1977 KZ650B
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Last edit: by Njones.

1977 KZ650 Resto-Mod 08 Jul 2022 10:36 #870065

• Wookie58
Thanks that makes complete sense, I think if anyone tried to use the schematic without the Revival combined unit they would get in all kinds of trouble trying to figure out what was going on 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Njones

Last edit: by Wookie58.
  • Page: