Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

'78KZ200 Long term project: Upgraded to 250cc, almost done with cosmetic updates 26 Apr 2022 06:54 #866175

• RustToRedemption
  • RustToRedemption's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
As a final wrap up, I have finished up this project minus fine tuning the carbs. I'm waiting on some super thin washers to come in so that I can shim the needle between clip adjustments, but it still runs and rides OK, just a slight hesitation off of idle before it picks back up. Since my last post I changed out all the boogered up engine case screws with stainless hex heads, made a custom throttle cable (NOS or even decent condition used ones are hard to find and expensive when they pop up), made up a new exhaust hanger/center stand stop, spooned some new tires on (it still had what I assume are the original tires, manufacture date was in '78), stripped the gross gold spray paint off the front brake caliper, and cleaned up the fork tubes with some scotch brite, sweat, and clear spray paint. Here's a short video of it running: imgur.com/VtnJOQ3
The following user(s) said Thank You: howardhb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RustToRedemption.

'78KZ200 Long term project: Upgraded to 250cc, almost done with cosmetic updates 26 Apr 2022 09:14 #866183

• Stereordinary
  • User
  • Thank you received: 127
Looks nice and clean, well done!
A breeze from the west.
‘90 ZR550 Zephyr (x2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: