• Page:

TOPIC:

A Tale of Two KZ's 03 Oct 2021 15:02 #856148

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

I ordered a set of Avons today

Good move...

I recently had a problem with really fine rust in my sons Z650, some of it was making it through the filters, both in the tank and the inline filter, I used two magnets, I stuck one on the outside of the tank in the lowest point of the rear of the tank and moved the tank around until I was happy that all the rust was stuck to the inside of the tank where the magnet was, I then removed the magnet and used my telescopic magnet to reach into the tank and remove the fine rust, I was amazed just how much came out, this was after completely cleaning the tank and putting about 30 nuts inside and some fuel and rolling it around to scrape everything off.....

PS, the magnet I used on the outside of the tank was from out of an old hard drive, they are rare earth magnets and very strong....
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR, Mikaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 750 R1.

A Tale of Two KZ's 04 Oct 2021 11:27 #856176

• detmeyer
  • detmeyer's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I just duplicated yesterday's ride and then some with no problem meaning the fuel starvation issue lies with the starter solenoid.  Whether it is clogged or defective I will test according to the service manual.  Thanks for the feedback (less the tire remarks); it helps me to sort out a problem with logic.
"...and one day, I'll be dead yo yo yo."

A Tale of Two KZ's 04 Oct 2021 14:45 #856181

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394
The tire remarks were for your own safety, old tires are as hard as nails and just let go with a bang, not much fun when you only have two to rely on...   

• Page: