• Topic Author
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
12 Jul 2023 16:30 #887173 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Retroactive KZ750E Project Thread
1 75345882791C - 3M Scotchcal Striping Tape 70508

1 75345882809C - 3M Scotchcal Striping Tape 70509

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2023 16:08 - 13 Jul 2023 17:02 #887198 by Franklin
Replied by Franklin on topic Retroactive KZ750E Project Thread
Thanks for that. A little bit hard to find those searching but they did turn up, showing 3/16" width. I measured the stock stripes on mine, they are just over 1/8" each color so that's pretty close and now I know which colors to look for.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2023 17:02 by Franklin.

More
23 Mar 2024 19:17 #896808 by zimmermanjoshua
Replied by zimmermanjoshua on topic Retroactive KZ750E Project Thread
Nessism, 
i have been following you on kzrider and pecking at your threads for assistance. my name is scooter, from texas. i am in the middle of a rebuild and i am having a huge issue w/ carbs. i had everything running then swapped out a new set of “rebuilt” tk26 carbs, the other set has sticking CV diaphragm's that are stiff and stick when i crack the accelerator. i was going to send  them to  george but the reviews for this work are not great, and well the wait period is 9 months as of last summer. so i decided to ebay purchase a beautiful set of slide tk22. current the boots a much bigger then the size of the tk22’s.

may i ask what would you do at this point.  i am not riding my project bike, i feel like i hit a wall on this . i have 2 sets of tk26 cv carbs (need rework, and tough diapghrms) and a set of tk22 slides  carbs i need boots for. 
1.) do you know where one might get boots to fit from the engine to smaller tk22’s
2.) do you know where one might get a set of carbs rebuilt for 1983 kz 550 ? that is reliable ? 
i like your work, work project bike and i would appreciate the suggestions.
scooter
r
thanks    

zimmerman.joshua

More
18 Aug 2024 16:38 #903415 by lovethemkzs
Replied by lovethemkzs on topic Retroactive KZ750E Project Thread
I don't see any way of contacting you other than to reply to one of your posts another member mentioned you were to go to guy to talk to I have a 82 KZ 1100d specter I'm having carburetor issues with it as far as leaking I couldn't find anywhere to get the gaskets Ford accept KZ or Z1 Industries rather and they want like I think a hundred bucks or something so if you believe me to where I can find the correct rebuilt kit or gaskets for that model carbs I really appreciate it

• Nessism
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
18 Aug 2024 19:17 #903419 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Retroactive KZ750E Project Thread
Hey guys,
I do carb rebuilding for Mikuni BS, Mikuni VM, and Keihin BS34 carbs.  I can also do TK carbs, but I don't have parts for those, so it will cost more as I have to source O-rings and such.  

My email is same as my user name + @ s b c g lo b a l DOT net

Email if you want O-rings or help rebuilding a set of carbs.  I normally charge $250/set, with parts being extra.  I normally provide O-rings and gaskets, but again, I'm not set up for TK carbs, so those will be a little more.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: sf4t7