Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kiwi Z1R 22 Aug 2016 05:13 #739460

• 531blackbanshee
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 797
they make a bracket that fits the lower shock mount and moves the bottom of the shock back as you say.
used to see em on quite a few bikes.
it stiffens the shocks up tho.
cool for cruising town,not so much for corner jammin.
oh btw,
dont jump any railroad tracks with layed back brakcets on lest they flip up and sh!t gets wonky on the landing...
js :whistle:

leon
skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kiwi Z1R 25 Aug 2016 19:44 #739958

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394
Hi Larriken, I'm new here, just joined today, great thread, nice bike and great work, I understand the first post as well mate, My wife is a Kiwi... ;) .
Anyway, I have a fully rebuilt set of VM29 smoothbores that would bolt straight onto your Z1R and give it a bit more get up and go, not sure if you'd be interested or not but they are just a tad better than those old 28's. If interested, I can check out shipping costs...?
BTW, I didn't just come here to sell parts, I bought a GPZ750R1 last week and this place has some great info on it... ;)

Cheers

Kiwi Z1R 26 Aug 2016 01:23 #739992

• larriken
  • larriken's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 61

750 R1 wrote: Hi Larriken, I'm new here, just joined today, great thread, nice bike and great work, I understand the first post as well mate, My wife is a Kiwi... ;) .
Anyway, I have a fully rebuilt set of VM29 smoothbores that would bolt straight onto your Z1R and give it a bit more get up and go, not sure if you'd be interested or not but they are just a tad better than those old 28's. If interested, I can check out shipping costs...?
BTW, I didn't just come here to sell parts, I bought a GPZ750R1 last week and this place has some great info on it... ;)

Cheers

Awesome, Kiwi connection is always a good thing! My next project is a GPZ750R1, it will remain buried until I get the Z1R finished......so coud be a wee while! How much are you after for your 29's? Would love a set, would just have to do some serious sweet talking at home though. You did remind me though that I had actually finished the 28's and never posted a pic.
Attachments:

Kiwi Z1R 26 Aug 2016 01:49 #739993

• 750 R1
  • User

larriken wrote:

750 R1 wrote: Hi Larriken, I'm new here, just joined today, great thread, nice bike and great work, I understand the first post as well mate, My wife is a Kiwi... ;) .

Cheers

Awesome, Kiwi connection is always a good thing! My next project is a GPZ750R1, it will remain buried until I get the Z1R finished......so coud be a wee while! How much are you after for your 29's? Would love a set, would just have to do some serious sweet talking at home though. You did remind me though that I had actually finished the 28's and never posted a pic.

Let me get a shipping quote first, I have a price in mind but if the shipping is extreme i may have to rethink it... ;)

Kiwi Z1R 26 Aug 2016 20:55 #740094

• larriken
  • User
Cracked into the front rotors again today and blasted the centres, taped them up, and banged on some paint. Nice! One helluva lot better than the hideous rusty bits they were when I picked them up. Having discs means I can pull finger and bolt up the front wheel to the frame. Put new bearings into the front rim, remembered that the rim never had a crush tube in it so had to cut up one from a GT750 rim and use that. Job sorted. So now I have a nearly rolling chasis! More like a unicycle at the moment :S . Rear rim is pretty much all done but I need to rebuild the rear brake caliper before it can all go together.................so guess that means its on to brake calipers next then.

Kiwi Z1R 26 Aug 2016 21:01 #740095

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621

larriken wrote:

Cheers

Are you sure those are 28 not 26's?
Steve

Kiwi Z1R 26 Aug 2016 21:33 #740096

• Doc Vakansie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Kiwi

Those carbs came out great, im envious.
1979 KZ1000 Mk2
1982 KZ1000R1 #742
1982 KZ1000R1 #743
1983 KZ1000R2
1982 KZ1000J
1982 GPZ1100B
1978 Z1R D1

Kiwi Z1R 26 Aug 2016 21:52 #740098

• larriken
  • User

swest wrote:

larriken wrote:

Cheers

Are you sure those are 28 not 26's?
Steve

Yep, definitely 28's. Have a set of 26's sitting on the bench next to them.

Kiwi Z1R 27 Aug 2016 18:34 #740186

• 750 R1
  • User
Here's a pic of the 29' smoothies Larriken, I'll even throw in a set of almost brand new K&N filters... I'll get a shipped price on monday... ;)
Where abouts in NZ are you...?

Last edit: by 750 R1.

Kiwi Z1R 27 Aug 2016 21:30 #740200

• larriken
  • User

750 R1 wrote: Here's a pic of the 29' smoothies Larriken, I'll even throw in a set of almost brand new K&N filters... I'll get a shipped price on monday... ;)
Where abouts in NZ are you...?

Cheers mate, I am in Hastings, Hawkes Bay.

Kiwi Z1R 28 Aug 2016 16:59 #740288

• 750 R1
  • User
PM sent mate. My Mother in law lives in Napier, I've been to Hastings, its a very beautiful part of the world, the drive in from Taupo through the mountains is awesome......

Kiwi Z1R 30 Aug 2016 00:11 #740484

• Rustyhama
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19

larriken wrote: Anyone remember that horrible looking looking MKII of mine that I swapped with Graeme Crosby? It's coming back to life.............
www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/moto...ction-1146560584.htm

Hey Ken look what popped up on TradeMe today
www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/moto...ction-1150878487.htm
3k? Seems reasonable, it's a shafty. It's a bit big for me but a good project for some sucker! That's gotta be worth 10 all sorted eh? And there's a 77 KZ750B showed up today too and that 87 GPz 750 I quite like the look of. It must be Kawi season!
Hama

'82 KZ305-B1 Cafe Racer
'80 Z750E project
www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=59260.0