Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 06:54 #131048

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
kzwolfsr wrote:

Ok everyone hear is playing freindly but I am gonna be straight up!

Whoa there, Keimosabe. :huh:

Earlier in the thread, I said pretty much what I thought - and I wasn't playing at *anything*.

I'm perfectly capable of looking at a machine - no matter the manufacturer - and judging it on its own merit and saying what I think - just as you did to your own satisfaction.

Are you really sure you want to claim knowledge of everybody else's intentions - and that you're qualified to state that "everyone else" is playing while you're gonna take a stand for Truth, Justice and the KZR Way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 07:23 #131057

• ltdrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
I wish to go on the record...

I do not hate Harleys. I hate the elitist attitude that many of their riders display.

I do not hate Sportbikes. I hate the squid attitude that many sportbike riders display.

If you ride, you're a rider. After that, it's up to you.

Il Duce:
Thanks for posting.
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 07:30 #131058

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Now it all makes sense! Sorry about the fire, but really does your bike leak oil?
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 09:31 #131086

• zzrmkII
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm sticking up for my brudda,no leaks and will pull your arms out.:evil: It's...you ride ? dosen't matter what you ride....have fun ? hell ya :woohoo: I ride my rex and kz's (not the mkII yet) and I ride this.This is my cling-on bike....and I still wave as you go by...B)
In the middle of town with my
74 750 triple dragbike
78 KZ1000 dragbike
80 KZ1000 MKII
81 KZ1000 J model
00 ZRX1100
and my 97 Dyna
Attachments:

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 09:41 #131090

• mariozappa
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
The leaks on most Harley were from the late 70's when they split the case vertically, not horizontally.
Make sense?
1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 09:53 #131092

• Fossil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Man I like that Shovelhead, (and the Kawasaki too!). Can't go wrong with the 4 speed swingarm frame - I really like the swingarm and the fender/seat mounting. I always had Brit bikes and a few friends had Harleys (Ironhead Sportsters, Pans, Shovels) - I always wanted a Pan or a Shovel, 4 speed swingarm or rigid - should have grabbed one way back when, now the prices are ridiculous. Very nice work, shoulda known it was from Europe - a fresh take on an old theme.

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 10:05 #131104

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
mariozappa wrote:

The leaks on most Harley were from the late 70's when they split the case vertically, not horizontally.
Make sense?

As I recall, the largest *single* cause of oil leaks was when Harley went to a "wet primary" on the shovelhead - in '68 IIRC.

They didn't go to a tongue and groove arrangement for the inner/outer primary case mating surface until '74 - again IIRC, which solved some of that problem, but not entirely.

Seeing that Il Duce swapped over to a belt primary, that's not an issue.

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 10:06 #131105

• zzrmkII
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm jealous he put a JMC swing arm on it.Like to put that on my mkII..:evil:
In the middle of town with my
74 750 triple dragbike
78 KZ1000 dragbike
80 KZ1000 MKII
81 KZ1000 J model
00 ZRX1100
and my 97 Dyna

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 10:09 #131107

• wireman
  • Visitor
kzwolfsr wrote:

Ok everyone hear is playing freindly but I am gonna be straight up! Your Harley is has more cc's but do you feel held back as compared to riding your 1000? Like slower? How many times had you had to fix that Harley? Any usual oil leaks you had to fix, that I have heard so much about here and in magazines. Another Question, and I dont want to make you mad or anything, but this is a Kz site. wait no question, o wait there is. Harley logo? huh? I am sorry if I sounded a bit mean but there are people here that might just be worst than me and thats why they haven't posted yet, since they hate Harleys so much. I don't hate Harleys, I just don't want one, I more of the Buell side of things. But great bikes and I like how you put the silencers on your tail pipes, helps the guy in the back of you.

:blink: theres nothing wrong with harleys ,like ltdrider said its the people that ride some of them or atleast like wearing the uniform who wouldnt know how to ride one if ya gave it to them same thing with the eddie lawson look alikes who like to ride in packs of 10-12 on identicle plastic bikes with stickers plastered all over them.and yes the last time i looked old kawasakis were oil leakers also,they just leak from differant places once youve been around a few old z1s youll learn where they leak!B)

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 10:11 #131109

• mariozappa
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
Psaur said:

As I recall, the largest *single* cause of oil leaks was when Harley went to a "wet primary" on the shovelhead - in '68 IIRC.

Good point.
1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 10:26 #131116

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
wireman wrote:

kzwolfsr wrote:

Ok everyone hear is playing freindly but I am gonna be straight up! ...

:blink: theres nothing wrong with harleys ,like ltdrider said its the people that ride some of them or atleast like wearing the uniform...

I think the bigger concept here is:

Do we really want to become the people we don't care for?

Doesn't jamming on somebody just for owning a bike that we - speaking as an individual - don't care to own carry just a hint of reverse discrimination?

Myself, I could care less what bike a person rides. A jerk is a jerk is a jerk, no matter his brand - and we don't have to go too awful far to find 'em - sadly, there's enough of 'em wearing K-green any given day.

...the last time i looked old kawasakis were oil leakers also,they just leak from differant places once youve been around a few old z1s youll learn where they leak!B)

Boy ain't that the truth. ;)

One set of hardened cam plugs, and you've joined the club... :blink:

A great combination o' bikes 17 Apr 2007 10:43 #131124

• wireman
  • Visitor
Pterosaur wrote:

wireman wrote:

kzwolfsr wrote:

Ok everyone hear is playing freindly but I am gonna be straight up! ...

:blink: theres nothing wrong with harleys ,like ltdrider said its the people that ride some of them or atleast like wearing the uniform...

I think the bigger concept here is:

Do we really want to become the people we don't care for?

Doesn't jamming on somebody just for owning a bike that we - speaking as an individual - don't care to own carry just a hint of reverse discrimination?

Myself, I could care less what bike a person rides. A jerk is a jerk is a jerk, no matter his brand - and we don't have to go too awful far to find 'em - sadly, there's enough of 'em wearing K-green any given day.

...the last time i looked old kawasakis were oil leakers also,they just leak from differant places once youve been around a few old z1s youll learn where they leak!B)

Boy ain't that the truth. ;)

One set of hardened cam plugs, and you've joined the club... :blink:

or an older z without the big rubber around the camchain tower,or a z with a copper head gasket,tach drive seals,the grommet on the dyno cover,case halves that didnt get enough 3 bond on them...........:P