Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 12:15 #115035

• Wirewulf
  • Wirewulf's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Okay, I'm getting really jealous looking at all the work ya'll have done this winter. I had hoped to do a lot of overhauling on mine this winter, but plans got derailed due to a shop build project that fell through, well that and a new baby who takes a lot of time. Anyway, I finally conceded that my lot is too steep to try and lay a slab on. Rather, I don't have enough money to make it work. So I talked my father-in-law into letting me use his old dairy barn instead of building a new shop. It needed (and still needs) a lot of work, but here we go.
I had to raise one side and replace the sill plate. Then I had to cut out the old cattle stancheons. Man they don't make steel like that anymore! I still have some cleaning, painting, wiring, and concrete work to do, but she's coming along.

Here's the building from the outside. Not much to look at, but it's got a nice rustic charm.

And here's the project that's really time consuming!

Just wanted to share this so you guys didn't think I'm just sittin' around on my backside all day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 13:01 #115040

• Nevco48
  • User
Wow, you've got a lot of space to work with there! Plenty of ventilation too, don't have to worry about gas fumes building up.
That could be a real nice work space.

Cute kid. Have fun with her, before you know it she will be going off to college.

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 13:46 #115049

• pyxen
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Is the shop going to be a personal place, or a business?
84 KZ550-F2 LTD
93 ZR550-B4

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 13:52 #115051

• Wirewulf
  • User
Completely for personal use. Nobody's gonna pay for the quality of work I do! Mixed wood/mechanical/sculpting work. I got some nice old woodworking tools from an uncle a few years ago and I'm steady building the collection on my own. I just need to finish the place to get down and dirty.

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 14:06 #115057

• pyxen
  • User
That's awesome..I've got some room in my backyard - maybe I'll build myself a nice shop sometime.. I'd have to get that one past She Who Must Be Obeyed though... :)

Garden...Shop...Garden...Shop... ?
84 KZ550-F2 LTD
93 ZR550-B4

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 14:09 #115059

• Wirewulf
  • User
Here's a brilliant idea. Build a shop with a flat roof with plenty of reinforcment and make it a "green" roof. Might even get a tax break!

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 14:13 #115061

• KaZooCruiser
  • User
What kind of car is that sitting under all the dust?

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 14:32 #115067

• Wirewulf
  • User
That my friend was going to be my first project. It's my father-in-law's 1967 6cyl. Mustang, notchback. But after I got the years of dirt and debris off the poor ol' girl, I surmized that she's too far gone. As legend has it, it ran until about 15 years ago. Then one sweltering hot day, it sat parked happily at the bottom of a hill where a good wife left it as she took a little refreshing lemonade to her husband who was toiling in the fields. While she was taking him said beverage, a silage wagon perched high upon the hilltop got the notion to go out for a stroll. Well stroll it did, right down the hill carreening it's 10ton load of firmenting goodness right square into the back of the poor little pony. She hasn't seen daylight since. It sat in the barn for years with the disgraceful "V" in its trunk right up to the rear winshield. Sadly the years of neglect have taken their toll and all that is left is rust and stories. I found I could buy one in mint condition cheaper than I could repair it. I just haven't broken the news to my father-in-law yet. I think he had high hopes for it.

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 14:47 #115072

• KaZooCruiser
  • User
Wirewulf wrote:

a silage wagon perched high upon the hilltop got the notion to go out for a stroll. Well stroll it did, right down the hill carreening it's 10ton load of firmenting goodness right square into the back of the poor little pony.

Someone oughta tell the driver of the sileage wagon that that is no way to stuff hay into a horse. . .

:blink: what was THAT?

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 15:23 #115082

• Wirewulf
  • User
:laugh: :blink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :silly: :lol: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh:

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 16:05 #115106

• wireman
  • Visitor
oh come on now,i saw my ol man and a friend rebuild a 64 1/2 mustang when i was a kid that was had hit poles from every angle imaginable and the rest was rust.how about finding a clean shell and taking all the salvagable parts and building him one with his origional tags.oh yeah,nice barn!B)

My never-ending project (not a bike yet) 24 Feb 2007 18:33 #115158

• Wirewulf
  • User
Wireman, if I haven't said it before, I like your attitude. ;) B)

• Page: