Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 02 Apr 2023 06:03 #882299

• VirusDumb
  • VirusDumb's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10
Hello, I'm VirusDumb, I'm a teenager(18) from India and here in India people use motorcycles like cars, to get to point B from A, they use it for everything because of the traffic and narrow roads, to get groceries, drop kids at school, commute to work etc
 as a kid I was into cars because of racing games and hotwheels but it all changed a few years ago, when I was 16 I started watching anime and reading manga like every kid of my age at that time,
​​​​​​ I found this anime called Great Teacher Onizuka, it is about an ex motorcycle gang leader trying to become the greatest school teacher in Japan, it's mostly comedy and action, in the anime/manga Onizuka rides a Z2 (750cc version of Z1 for Japan), the anime itself is a sequel of another manga called Shonan Junai Gumi and that's where I fell in love with motorcycles, in that Onizuka defeats a lot of rogue bikers on a variety of Classic UJM superbikes like gpz900r, the Zx1100r, the yamaha Vmax, the Honda CBX, all of them with the Z2.

Now It's my dream to own a motorcycle collection with the 1972 Z1, the Z2, the kz1000, the Z1-R, the gpZ900r and KZ1300 Eddie Lawson replica (and a Honda CBX 1050 and a Ducati 916 and a Yamaha RD500 v4 and a 1960s triumph Bonneville).

But being from India I can't have them cuz the taxes on imported vehicles are 110% and because of emmision norms I can't import old motorcycles, the best thing I can here is a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

So because of the Z1 I'm now trying to get into a prestigious college and move abroad just so I can afford to own a 1972-73 RedBrown Z1.

TLDR: Got into the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of an anime and now trying to do something big with my life to own one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58, Kelly E

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by VirusDumb. Reason: Added spaces

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 02 Apr 2023 06:41 #882303

• Moose1800
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 252
Welcome to KZR young man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VirusDumb

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 02 Apr 2023 08:18 #882312

• VirusDumb
  • User
Thanks, nice pfp

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 02 Apr 2023 13:04 #882325

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 372
Welcome to KZR.

You have good taste in motorcycles.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 02 Apr 2023 23:49 #882361

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1718
Welcome, it's good to dream big and "go for it"

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 03 Apr 2023 16:49 #882442

• Buzz Nichols
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 104
I'll have to check out that anime. Like most folks on the forum, I'm old enough that I fell in love with KZ's watching the original Mad Max when I was a little younger than you. Welcome!
Is this thing working? Is this thing on?

1978 KZ1000 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58, VirusDumb

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 04 Apr 2023 00:01 #882459

• Wookie58

I'll have to check out that anime. Like most folks on the forum, I'm old enough that I fell in love with KZ's watching the original Mad Max when I was a little younger than you. Welcome!
My "got to have one" obsession started when I was 16, I had a ride on the back of my mates brothers KZ which scared me shitless and left me with wobbly knees (I was riding a DT50 at the time  )

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 04 Apr 2023 04:09 #882461

• VirusDumb
  • User
Man here in India the legal age to drive and ride is 18 so I just started learning to ride a month ago on my dad's Hero Honda CD Deluxe 110cc (hero Honda was a joint venture between Honda and Hero, an Indian bicycle company)

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 04 Apr 2023 04:28 #882462

• VirusDumb
  • User

well I'd reccomend watching the anime if you're into comedy for entertainment, but it's actually a sequel to Shonan Junai Gumi that's the comic where my love for Kawsaki Zs started but it's 270 chapters long and the part where the Z2 is revealed doesn't come until chapter 92, before that it's just a cheesy comedy about 2 teenagers trying to get laid and lose their virginity, my obsession started with this part here in chapter 202

Btw am I the youngest person here, because my own parents were toddlers when the original Mad Max came out 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGPzGuy, howardhb

Last edit: by VirusDumb.

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 04 Apr 2023 05:45 #882463

• Wookie58

Btw am I the youngest person here, because my own parents were toddlers when the original Mad Max came out 
Quite possibly, I have grandsons that are almost your age 

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 04 Apr 2023 06:52 #882466

• VirusDumb
  • User

My "got to have one" obsession started when I was 16, I had a ride on the back of my mates brothers KZ which scared me shitless and left me with wobbly knees (I was riding a DT50 at the time 

What year was it? And what kz was that? I'm asking because you mentioned about your grandkids being almost as old as me

Fell in love with the Z1 and motorcycles cuz of anime 04 Apr 2023 06:56 #882469

• Wookie58

My "got to have one" obsession started when I was 16, I had a ride on the back of my mates brothers KZ which scared me shitless and left me with wobbly knees (I was riding a DT50 at the time 

What year was it? And what kz was that? I'm asking because you mentioned about your grandkids being almost as old as me

It was 1979 and the bike was a maroon KZ1000 - my three grandsons are 13 - 14 - 15   (I guess that makes me officially old !!!)