Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Long time listener.... 23 Sep 2022 03:06 #874299

• zedordead
  • zedordead's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5

Did not mean to say there are issues with the TK carbs.  Teikei are great carbs they were stock on the 550 kawasaki bikes as well as others. 
                   No probs -  I now know what carbs it has which I didn't before so thank you.
Oh lord, protect me from your followers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Long time listener.... 23 Sep 2022 03:10 #874300

• zedordead
  • User

The choke flaps tend to work there way loose in those TK's, and if that happens the flap goes into the engine.  Not good.

I'd refurbish the carbs and replace all the O-rings and gaskets, and make sure the flaps are okay.  You can stake the pin, and use some epoxy to hold it in place to assure no future issues.
                            Blimey that sounds expensive if it happens but good to be aware of. Can you just clarify what stake the pin means?. Sounds like a local terminology I'm not  familiar with.

Long time listener.... 23 Sep 2022 05:17 #874307

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659

The choke flaps tend to work there way loose in those TK's, and if that happens the flap goes into the engine.  Not good.

I'd refurbish the carbs and replace all the O-rings and gaskets, and make sure the flaps are okay.  You can stake the pin, and use some epoxy to hold it in place to assure no future issues.
                            Blimey that sounds expensive if it happens but good to be aware of. Can you just clarify what stake the pin means?. Sounds like a local terminology I'm not  familiar with.
"staking" means to deform the sounding metal using a punch tool or similar, to hold parts together.

Read this link... s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/TK22mainPage/TK2...chokePlateFlaps.html

Oh, and read through that entire website and save as much info as you can.  The author is a deceased member of this forum, and it's unknown how much longer that website will still be up.

Take special note about how the cam chain tensioner must be released before installing the valve cover.  Tons of great info...
The following user(s) said Thank You: zedordead

Long time listener.... 23 Sep 2022 08:31 #874319

• zedordead
  • User

"staking" means to deform the sounding metal using a punch tool or similar, to hold parts together.

Read this link... s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/TK22mainPage/TK2...chokePlateFlaps.html

Oh, and read through that entire website and save as much info as you can.  The author is a deceased member of this forum, and it's unknown how much longer that website will still be up.

Take special note about how the cam chain tensioner must be released before installing the valve cover.  Tons of great info...

Last edit: by zedordead.

Long time listener.... 23 Sep 2022 08:36 #874321

• zedordead
  • User
I think I may have hit a quote limit on the above post

Long time listener.... 23 Sep 2022 11:32 #874340

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1892

Don´t worry, AFAIK calum and i made a full webside backup. So nothing of loudhvx great knowledge will get lost. My special thanks goes to DOHC for the web side backup tool!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOHC, Nessism, Mikaw, zedordead