Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello from AB Canada 12 Jul 2022 04:31 #870228

• KZLIMITED
  • KZLIMITED's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
My name is Chris, I’m in Edmonton AB. I’ve grown up in Honda dirt bikes and am a die hard fan of the XR.  I’ve ridden Suzuki and Honda vintage (70,s) 850, 550, 650, 650 4 curls respectively.  This is my first Kawasaki. It’s an 84 twin belt drive. I have barely ridden it yet, only a couple tests-maybe a total of 1.5 miles.  And I like it and the possibilities I see it becoming.  Stockers out there be ready to cringe, I am going to Bob/chop it. I’m definitely going to bobb it, I am unsure Indi will go as far as to choose it(any front end mods).   I am going to do something with the rear suspension, prolly not a mono and def not a rigid. I might move the mounts forward and use appropriate shorter shocks, maybe… I will remove the air box to use pods and put a drop Seat in place of it.  I don’t know if I will change tanks or not, it’s in great shape just needs reclined maybe,cleaned for sure. I am going to make my own seat. The carbs(I’ve posted in carburetors forum) I am not surenif I will use the stock, the Mikuni can 34s ornifnineill get rid of the cv carbs and use something different, I’ve read a little about flatslides that are comparable in size to a cv carb I would use( I am carb tuning green sink will asks lots of ? About this and research it a lot.  The deleted airbox and pod filters is a concrete decision and I will find a way to have it work for me.  I also plan on an performance ignition. I am unsure about cam and valve work but will learn what I can about what I can do… big bore ideas are floating in the back of my mind… veteran carb tuners please see my post in carburetors when it’s approved and sound off with advice…. I am especially interested in using flatslides carbs and or incorporating a power jet.  Thanks for the add I look forward to learning all that I can and meeting great people along the way. I’ll try to post a pic of the bike asnitnis now.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello from AB Canada 12 Jul 2022 08:35 #870241

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1008
Welcome from another Canucklehead!  There are quite a few of us on KZRiders.  

Continue to show pics of your progress.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

Hello from AB Canada 12 Jul 2022 10:58 #870244

• mopguy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 168
Welcome from T.O.
I have a 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 Ltd. I bought new. I recently managed to get it out of my garage after 28 years and put it on the road again (2010). I feel like a kid all over again. Since I have acquired 3 78 KZ1000 Ltd, 1 1981 KZ1000 Ltd, and another 1980 KZ750 Ltd. Love the LTD's.

Hello from AB Canada 12 Jul 2022 18:29 #870267

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 372
Welcome from another Canadian. 
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

• Page: