• Page:

TOPIC:

new guy from the Netherlands 24 May 2022 01:53 #867620

• meubels
  • meubels's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • a lesson each day keeps ignorance at bay
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, I'm a new guy from Holland, I live close to Amsterdam. I own a 1982 KZ1100 shaftie. I've been the owner since 1993. I then bought the bike in 'second hand' condition. I Travelled all through Europe with her. All in all the bike has run 68.000 km's. After some years a new bike came around (BMW R1100GS). I lost interest in the KZ and the bike lived in a dark corner of my garage for quite some years... aging. Some 8 years ago I decided she needed a better life. At first my aim was to restore, but then I caught the 'customizing' virus, this was before Corona came around. She grew into a cafe-racer of some sort. I'm not exactly sure what 'category' she fits into. Many things have been changed about the bike, airbox was deleted, new pods, carbs rebuilt and rejetted. Almost electricals changed and rebuilt. I run a M-unit blue, LED lighting only. Rear shocks new, rear controls changed, handlebar new. New bearings, engine overhaul. All in all, she feels rejuvenated. I wasn't specifically mechanically talented. I learnt along the way. Youtube, KZrider Forum and some other places, as well as the workshop manual have been my best friends. Now the bike is 'done'. She (and I) participated in the DGR last sunday. I come here often looking for information, opinions and to borrow other peoples experience(s)... Nice to be a member now! Thank you.I'll try to upload a picture, but so far the file-size exceeds the limit.
1982 KZ1100A (shaft). Customized bike. Runs K&N airpods, stepped up carbs. Rebuilt wiring harness and an M-unit blue. Led lighting, Mosfet reg-rec, li-fe battery, new controls, home built saddle and fully new paint job. All this took me a few years... :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

new guy from the Netherlands 24 May 2022 07:41 #867628

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1765
Welcome, looking forward to the pictures of your handiwork   
The following user(s) said Thank You: meubels

new guy from the Netherlands 24 May 2022 11:48 #867636

• meubels
  • meubels's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • a lesson each day keeps ignorance at bay
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Wookie58, I just managed to upload some pictures in the gallery.
1982 KZ1100A (shaft). Customized bike. Runs K&N airpods, stepped up carbs. Rebuilt wiring harness and an M-unit blue. Led lighting, Mosfet reg-rec, li-fe battery, new controls, home built saddle and fully new paint job. All this took me a few years... :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

new guy from the Netherlands 02 Jun 2022 19:33 #868094

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 373
Welcome.
I'm from Amersfoort.
Moved to Canada at 2 years old.
Been riding KZs ever since.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

• Page: