Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member with an old bike 23 Mar 2022 16:20 #864245

• Csr75095
  • Csr75095's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone. I've looked on here for a while to find answers regarding my bike and decided I should probably join since in the near future, I'll be doing some stuff that I'll need to ask some questions to knowledgeable people. So my bike is an 82 csr750 twin and its got about 20,000 miles on its. It's been garage kept most of its like but neither the previous owner (my dad) nor the previous owner before him (his best friend who recently died) did much mechanically to it. Usually if something needed done to it, I'd figure it out. So I've been working on it for quite some time and eventually it just became mine. I rebuilt the carbs, cleaned it up and got it running then I put some low handlebars on it and some small turn signals. Normal stuff to clean up the look of the bike. Im getting new tires on it in a couple weeks and getting a rear spoke replaced at the same time. Hopefully at the end of this riding season, I'm going to check and adjust the valves as I don't think it's been done in a very very long time if ever. So anyway, hello and thanks in advance for answering all my questions. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZmarcel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

New member with an old bike 23 Mar 2022 19:18 #864248

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1953
Welcome to KZRider
I moved your post to  New Members
 Next time please click the insert all tab to complete your picture install
Nice Bike 
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

New member with an old bike 23 Mar 2022 22:54 #864252

• azman857
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 111
If she runs as good as she looks, she must running great! She's a stunner!
I don't have a plan and I'm sticken' to it! '77 KZ 650 / 750 GPz custom project in progress
The following user(s) said Thank You: Csr75095

New member with an old bike 24 Mar 2022 03:01 #864258

• Csr75095
  • User
Thanks alot I appreciate it. Its been alot of fun getting it back up and running. She still doesn't run perfect. I occasionally get a little blip of hesitation if I blip the throttle to Rev match as I go to down shift but she's been running pretty damn good other than that. I think I've topped her out and roughly 100 but im not completely sure. I've only done that once as the front end has a slight shake but im workin on that too. Sorry about the pictures thing the interface is a little confusing haha. 

New member with an old bike 24 Mar 2022 06:50 #864262

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
Howdy. If you see any old replies by steell or bountyhunter, your ears should perk up. Those two seem to know quite a bit about the 750 Twins. not that others don't. my disclaimer. hee.  As for your motorcycle, any idea what airbox ducts were installed?   They look like fork gaiter boots adapted for the job which probably wouldn't be that uncommon to do. Thanks.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

New member with an old bike 24 Mar 2022 13:04 #864270

• Csr75095
  • User
I put those on. Whenever I rebuilt the carbs, the intake boot on the left side was so hard that I was never fitting it back on and it was probably leaking anyway as a result of being so hard. I dont recall where I found the information but someone discovered that the steering rack boots off of a 1990 Toyota tercel fit perfectly if you trim them for length. 

New member with an old bike 24 Mar 2022 14:42 #864274

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394
The inlet rubbers are designed as part of the induction system to deliver a smooth flow of undisturbed air to the carbs, more critical with CV carbs like the ones you have, they could possibly be the cause of the hesitation on the fueling side of things as they would create turbulent air flow...

New member with an old bike 24 Mar 2022 14:46 #864275

• Csr75095
  • User
I had actually considered that. I dont really know what my other options would be though and this works well enough to get going down the road and run pretty well all in all.

New member with an old bike 25 Mar 2022 06:07 #864286

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
Is 3D printing rubber an option yet?  not actual rubber but flexible rubber-like material. 

Instead of steering rack boots, maybe radiator hose?

Last edit: by martin_csr.

New member with an old bike 25 Mar 2022 06:28 #864287

• Csr75095
  • User
Well a rad hose of the appropriate size would work at the carb but there needs to be a lip to get sandwiched between the clamps in the airbox so a rad hose wouldn't work on that side. 

New member with an old bike 25 Mar 2022 06:46 #864288

• ghostdive
  • User
  • Thank you received: 118
I was faced with a similar situation on a different bike; the best I could come up with was to find some sort of flange like this and have it sticking out of the airbox for hose to grab onto:

Anyway, nice to have you and nice bike. 
1982 KZ750 Spectre - 6 speed swap, BS34s, 18" rear wheel

2001 ZX-6R
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Csr75095

New member with an old bike 26 Mar 2022 23:31 #864354

• KaosKontrol
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

Is 3D printing rubber an option yet?  not actual rubber but flexible rubber-like material. 

Instead of steering rack boots, maybe radiator hose?
I can 3d print in flexible tpu filament. Should work but I doubt it would work for long with the fuel particles running through it. I would have to do more research. If it would work fine, and someone had an old OEM part that they wanted copied, I could do it. Just take the measurements with a micrometer/caliper or whatever.

• Page: