Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Browsed for years, thought I'd sign up. 21 Oct 2020 01:14 #837353

• Mc Tavish
  • User
  • Thank you received: 35
You do realise that everyone here now has full access to a huge file of your photos and stuff? Nice cat!
1978 z650C
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZNinja

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Browsed for years, thought I'd sign up. 21 Oct 2020 01:34 #837354

• KZNinja
  • KZNinja's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

Mc Tavish wrote: You do realise that everyone here now has full access to a huge file of your photos and stuff? Nice cat!

Of course!

That Flickr account is for photos posted on various forums, nothing more. They are all public photos with no worries about people viewing them, like I said, they were posted publicly already anyway (I've been on various forums for many years. That was the only reason I use Flickr, Postimage.org etc.

That cat is named "Stink" :laugh: , she is very sweet, but hates other cats with a passion. She was helping me work on a BMX bike that day, of course she mostly rolled around in the dirt. She is not quite as little now though.
1979 KZ650 D2 SR

Last edit: by KZNinja.

Browsed for years, thought I'd sign up. 21 Oct 2020 01:51 #837355

• Mc Tavish
  • User
  • Thank you received: 35
Cool mate.
1978 z650C

Browsed for years, thought I'd sign up. 21 Oct 2020 08:34 #837379

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1849
Make sure you have a complete link that looks like the one in this screen shot. If you hit backspace it will remove items and it won’t be formatted correct. You can manually add them if you delete them...

ALso don’t add emojis from your keypad. Only use the items supplied in the site provided edit.

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Mikaw.

Browsed for years, thought I'd sign up. 21 Oct 2020 17:43 #837424

• KZNinja
  • User

Mikaw wrote: Make sure you have a complete link that looks like the one in this screen shot. If you hit backspace it will remove items and it won’t be formatted correct. You can manually add them if you delete them...

ALso don’t add emojis from your keypad. Only use the items supplied in the site provided edit.

Thanks. Next photos I'll see if I can do them properly.

I only ever use the forums smilies on all forums, as I hate using a phone and prefer typing on a desktop computer, so should be good there I hope.
1979 KZ650 D2 SR

Browsed for years, thought I'd sign up. 21 Oct 2020 18:05 #837428

• KZNinja
  • User
Guess I’ll test posting photos now. If it doesn't work, I'll see if I can edit the post until they do. Edit: that seemed to work fine!

Gave one carb a cleaning to get the bulk of the grime out of it, but probably go over it again yet. I didn’t even want to attempt taking off the bowl gaskets “yet”. Working on the second one now.

1979 KZ650 D2 SR
Attachments:

Browsed for years, thought I'd sign up. 21 Oct 2020 18:37 #837440

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1849
Yep pictures posted.

I scrape of the bulk of the gaskets and then I have a large chunk of tool steel that is very flat. I place sand paper on the steel and with even pressure on the bowl I gently sand down the remaining gasket material. Checking often to make sure I'm only removing the gasket and returning the surface to flat and true
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

Browsed for years, thought I'd sign up. 20 Nov 2020 08:54 #838667

• KZNinja
  • User
No real update, been busy and have not done much else.

Checked compression with the rental Autozone tester and a cheap one I bought on ebay. Cylinders 2-3-4 show about 155 or so (over 150), cylinder -1 was about 118 at first, the highest I seen with a little WD in it was 135, so should run and I think cylinder -1 will come up as the engine actually runs for a bit. That said, compression seems reasonably okay. This was tested with repeated kicking of the kick starter, no carbs attached.

I did buy a Hiflo oil filter and a gallon of Shell Rotella 15w-40, I hope the gallon is enough, but it seems pretty close to what the specs call for, guess I’ll find out once I start to add the oil. I should also add that I hope the oil filter is correct, it seemed to be for this bike model, though I have not pulled the old filter to compare.

Not sure when I will get to this, but hopefully within the next couple months. Perhaps I’ll post this in the project section of the forum where I can update periodically rather than in the new member section.

1979 KZ650 D2 SR
Attachments:

Browsed for years, thought I'd sign up. 20 Nov 2020 09:07 #838669

• KZNinja
  • User
I did also do some light cleaning of the frame / engine etc., so it isn't as dirty while tinkering with it, although have not done much yet. Just didn't want more chance of stuff getting into the intake or cylinders with the carbs off / the plugs out.

1979 KZ650 D2 SR
Attachments:

• Page: