Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 09 Sep 2022 21:52 #873629

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

And yet nobody would bat an eye if you had a truck full of golf clubs, or baseball bats   

I'd love to see you take out a pile of people with a baseball bat or golf club. I was at a party with some friends a few years back , on the way home we stopped at the only late night store on our way home, On leaving the store a guy outside pulled out a bat and hit my mates younger brother in the head, splitting him wide open. The young fella had said "see ya later", apparently the hero with the bat told him not to talk to him on his way in, when all he'd said was "how ya going" !  I put down my munchies {I may or may not have smoked a joint} and stood about 10 yards away, the guy saw me put down my stuff and came at me with the bat, he swung it at me twice, the second time I caught the bat, ripped it from his hands, It had a leather strap fixed to the handle, I dropped to me knees and back handed the bat into his knees, I may or may not have hit every joint in his body ,including his nose, {I'm not too good at anatomy},  to keep him down, he was a big guy... The moral to the story,  golf clubs and bats are no where near as dangerous as guns. 
A pot smoker involved in a fracus doesn't sound very nice.  Didn't a couple of guys go on a stabbing spree in Canada recently? Didn't your country outlaw guns recently?
My guns never hurt anybody. They are secure in the safe and aren't a danger to anybody.

Merely a difference in perspective. 

Nope, that's a lie spread by people that don't know what they're talking about, guns have NEVER been banned here. I haven't smoked pot for 20 years but the only thing I ever saw that was endangered by a pot smoker was the fridge, " A pot smoker involved in a Fracus", what does that even mean ? Do you defend your friends ?  I sure as hell do.  Pot generally mellows people out.
I'm not sure what the Canada reference was for, I did see it on the news. As a point of conjecture, the big shooting in Australia that prompted stricter gun laws was a guy that stole the guns from someone else, that was over 20 years ago now...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 750 R1.

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 09 Sep 2022 22:07 #873630

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

So we can't discuss our freedoms because someone in a country that doesn't have comparable freedoms might get offended? Doesn't seem fair.
Just trying to understand.

Who said that and who's offended ? I was pointing out the difference between guns and bats.  Comparable freedoms is quite laughable really, you are far less free than you think, and if you think freedom its all about guns, i'm not sure what to say.... 
Get over the thought that we can't own guns, both my brother in laws are Australasian trap and skeet champions, they hunt as well, I also hunt occasionally and have done for over 40 years, I 've used a Ruger 270 a Browning 222 and a Sako 243, depending what we're after, even a 22 long for rabbits. My neighbour has a gun safe and I have friends that shoot as well,  for feral pigs, water buffalo up north, deer {all non native, invasive species} and the like.. Sporting shooting is quite big here..

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 10 Sep 2022 02:12 #873635

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1784

So we can't discuss our freedoms because someone in a country that doesn't have comparable freedoms might get offended? Doesn't seem fair.
Just trying to understand.
I am not sure what happened here, you are free to discuss what ever you want where ever you want. I was simply trying to defuse the situation as it was starting to get down to a personal level. I never said you can't discuss the topic and certainly don't think I gave the impression I was offended as I'm not, I simply asked for people to respect others opinions without bringing it down to a personal level. 
With regards the "bong" references, I also don't care what you do on that front either so long as is doesn't impact "me or mine" 

Last edit: by Wookie58.

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 10 Sep 2022 02:52 #873636

• Wookie58

My “guns” have no emotions. I can yell at them, call them names and nothing will ever happen. So saying they are an emotional topic isn’t correct. I never suggested that the gun itself had emotions however as a topic of discussion they certainly are.This is one of the biggest responses I have seen you post yet so is that not an emotional response ? the emotions come from people that don’t understand the machine. A machine or tool is only as good or bad as it’s operator both points I made in my post Not to be cold and heartless but I can’t think of a single shooting that has ended as many lives in one event as were taken on September 11, yet people all over the world love planes, and have them in collections On average in America 34,000 people die in car accidents every year, that doesn’t stop people from discussing there love for cars. Do planes or cars cause emotional discussions, no, yes they do, environmentalists all over the world are trying to ban non essential and recreational flying, road safety campaigners are demanding horsepower limits, speed restrictors etc. Are these not emotional responses ? Speed and horsepower alone never killed anyone but in the hands of an idiot they are lethal.then why should guns. It’s political and media driven. Up until the early ‘80’s it was common in schools to have gun clubs, ROTC, and Hunter safety. Something changed in our political climate and I believe it’s a master plan of our government. The citizens are easier to control if they are unarmed. So the gun was given a bad reputation and the millionaire leftist that control print and social media followed suite, and the government started to back off funding for mental health services. Now they use terms like assault weapons, wouldn’t a car or airplane fall under that same category, just saying. In closing all I can say is if the topic of guns bothers you emotionally, change the channel. I'm not sure how my post has been interpreted as me being bothered by guns I'm not !! As long as we are civil and not breaking any laws then we should be allowed to share our love of tools and machines with like minded. Completely agree as long as it doesn't get personal against people with a different opinion Funny how bongs and hash pipes didn’t cause an emotional response! As I have said in another post, that also doesn't bother me. You can do what ever you want so long as it doesn't negatively impact "me or mine"

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 10 Sep 2022 05:24 #873641

• Wookie58
I have a passion for working with wood as well as vehicles, these are a couple of recent projects (wardrobe and an "ottoman" storage bed)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: howardhb

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 10 Sep 2022 06:13 #873642

• howardhb
  • Sustaining Member
  • God, I trust
  • Thank you received: 431
Also mad about airplanes and  helicopters.... so, I attend air-shows as often as possible.
These shots (pun intended ) taken last Sunday... 

I was fortunate to find a back road (behind my local airport) that was blocked off by ticker tape... so I slipped quietly under it to watch my own private show...
 One of the pilots waved at me as he passed LOW overhead!
  show

AT6 TEXAN's, as you Americans know them... We call them HARVARD'S.

I love to build and fly Radio controlled planes and helicopters...

H.
'81 GPz 550 D1 Click this link: www.kzrider.com/gallery/kz-550/1981-gpz550d1-9094#joomimg
'81 GPz 1100 B1 ELR "Tribute" www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/617040-1981-gpz1100-b1-rst
'82 Yamaha YB100 Fizzie
'79 Suzuki GT200 X5 TWO STROKE TWIN - SMOKER!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGPzGuy, Nessism, Wookie58

Last edit: by howardhb.

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 10 Sep 2022 06:41 #873644

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1969
Very cool airplane and Helicopter you fly.
I tried my hand at that  and crashed more than flew LOL
 I switched to RC cars, Buggys, and boats  with much better results.
I too love airshows.   Warbirds,  Blue Angles, Thunderbirds, Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson is awesome.
Also a history buff.   Visits to Civil War Battlefields are my bread and butter.. But love a day on a Battleship or WW2 Aircraft  Carrier
DD

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 10 Sep 2022 07:15 #873645

• Wheelhop
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 292
I too was into RC planes for a while but like "Dirk" I crashed more often than landed safely!  
1978 KZ 1000B (73 tribute)
1977 KZ1000 project
1976 KZ 900
1976 KV 75
1976 Honda Elsinore MT250
1974 Z1 900 project
1971 Honda CT70

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 10 Sep 2022 07:47 #873646

• howardhb
  • Sustaining Member
  • God, I trust
  • Thank you received: 431
It all began in 1973 (me being a piston lover ) when I first saw a Cox PeeWee engine running.(Cox factory was in Santa Anna California)

The smallest 2-stroke production engine in the world, 0.010 cubic inch displacement, running on 35%nitro, 50% methanol, 15% caster oil.
Sounds like a swarm of very angry bees... 

Pictured below is the smallest, 0.010 cu in. and biggest 0.15 cu in. Cox engines produced from early 60's.

They found a perfect formula for scaling model engines proportionally up and down !!! 

PeeWee.mpg

H.
'81 GPz 550 D1 Click this link: www.kzrider.com/gallery/kz-550/1981-gpz550d1-9094#joomimg
'81 GPz 1100 B1 ELR "Tribute" www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/617040-1981-gpz1100-b1-rst
'82 Yamaha YB100 Fizzie
'79 Suzuki GT200 X5 TWO STROKE TWIN - SMOKER!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGPzGuy

Last edit: by howardhb.

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 10 Sep 2022 07:57 #873647

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 656
Got to love a Cox peewee or cox 0.49 as they are known as in the UK.
This is what I do when I gather enough! 

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

Attachments:

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 10 Sep 2022 08:06 #873648

• Wookie58
Would love to see the "crank" arrangement in there 

Anybody Have Other Hobbies Besides Motorcycles?? 10 Sep 2022 08:13 #873649

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 656
Not as complex as you would first imagine Wookie. Each cylinder has a cog on the crank driving a central crank. 
More complex is fuel delivery to each cylinder from one carb. 

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

The following user(s) said Thank You: howardhb, Wookie58