Some more polishing/buffing

More
20 Jan 2007 20:22 - 26 Aug 2009 11:12 #107189 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic Some more polishing/buffing

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 26 Aug 2009 11:12 by KZ250LTD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sandy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
More
21 Jan 2007 09:03 #107224 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Some more polishing/buffing
Thanks Tim!B)
No I havent got the other one done yet,but I will be soon.
I THOUGHT I'd be doing the conversion this winter,but with the Hollidays just past Us,I have the regular bills to pay,and get caught up again(or something,lol)
I figure I still need to spend about another $500.00 or more.
I have to get a ZRX plastic fender(stock) and then I'm going to get it vacuum-plated.
Plus I still need some parts for the back end conversion(chain and sprockets,plus a few other little parts).
I picked up a fork brace for the ZRX front end,and started polishing that too,and wow does it ever look nice,BUT...it scratches very easily,even when You wipe it with a soft shop-towel,it leaves micro scratches,so I have to look into that one.Someone mentioned getting it "Bright-Dipped" or a coating applied to it,so I have to look into that.It looks like bloody chrome,but I can't use it the way it is...scratches way too easily.It'd made of 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum.
If Anyone has ever dealt with this "Bright-Dipping" please chime in,ok.
So...ya...for every step foreward,there's 2 steps back,lol.

That bench-grinder Tim,I got it at Cambodian-Tire,btw,and if You have a Lordco near by,You can buy a polishing kit there.

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
21 Jan 2007 09:54 #107231 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Some more polishing/buffing
OMG!
Sandy, the "King of Bling! :P :laugh:

What Sandy is neglecting to tell you guys is that with all the time/money he's put into gettin' it all purtied up, he's got nothing left into getting it to run.
It should take first place at the "Trailer Queen" rallies though. :P :silly: :laugh: :woohoo:

Seriously though bud, if that fork lower is any indication of how she's going to turn out when done, she's going to be a beaut! B)

BTW, I've placed all the bike parts I want all polished up into a box in my garage. That way we won't have to go looking for 'em when you make it out here to So Calif again so you can polish them.
Of course I'll provide all the beer. :whistle: :laugh: ;)

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

• Sandy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
More
21 Jan 2007 10:25 #107240 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Some more polishing/buffing
Heh heh heh heh heh...:lol:

That's a lot of beer,Chris...a LOT!:ohmy:

Ya,it IS going to look good when I'm done(thanks Bud),and that is going to take a LOT of hours.I have plans for the ZRX rims,but I won't say anything just yet,incase I change My mind,lol.

No,seriously though...I'm not pulling ANY parts off untl I know I have everything I need...no way.
I want to ride a full season,unlike the year I rebuilt the engine,and the problems I had with the Machine-Shop.:(

So what parts are YOU gettin all perdied up?What are You up to NOW?:whistle:
Ship the parts to Me...I'll "get er done!" B)
Get ahold of Marita,and see when She plans on coming up again...??...
:whistle: ...

1977 KZ1000 A-1