which seat can use to replace mine?

More
25 Aug 2006 13:21 #72448 by 8ball
i got a problem, i have a really really nice new seat. new foam, new cover, the works. problem is it's not set-up right for my rear-end. see the lump in the middle? i'm 6'4 and that's exactly where my a** wants to be for me to be in the proper position to shift, break and hold the bars. does anyone have a recommendation on a replacement seat? i like the flat euro-style racer seats with the little bump in the back. is this a good seat? the corbins look nice but they actually look like they have a lump too.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2006 13:23 #72450 by 8ball
Replied by 8ball on topic which seat can use to replace mine?
sorry for the double post! pict was to big the first time - and i didn't realize that it had posted. my bad.

More
25 Aug 2006 13:41 #72454 by steell
Replied by steell on topic which seat can use to replace mine?
8ball wrote:

sorry for the double post! pict was to big the first time - and i didn't realize that it had posted. my bad.

No problem, I took care of that :)

Some people remove the seat cover and carve the foam into the shape they want, then either make their own seat cover or take it to a shop to be recovered.

Or you might see if you can find a seat off a non LTD model.

KD9JUR

• wireman
  • Visitor
25 Aug 2006 18:20 #72503 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic which seat can use to replace mine?
well im generally between 5'11" 200 lbs and 6'6" depending on time of day and what conveniance store im leaving:whistle: (gotta love Ron White!:P )i like the stock ltd seats but ive found them to be more comfortable when covered in leather.i just slide about midway up sloped part of seat depending on on far im riding!

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/08/25 22:29
Attachments:

More
25 Aug 2006 19:22 #72517 by mykznme
Replied by mykznme on topic which seat can use to replace mine?
wireman wrote:

well im generally between 5'11" 200 lbs and 6'6" depending on time of day and what conveniance store im leaving:whistle: (gotta love Ron White!:P )i like the stock ltd seats but ive found them to be more comfortable when covered in leather.i just slide my basckside about midway up sloped part of seat depending on on far and hard im riding!

i have nothing useful to add other then,
slide,my backside,hard, and riding should not be used in the same sentance:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sry wm

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

• wireman
  • Visitor
25 Aug 2006 19:27 #72519 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic which seat can use to replace mine?
oh my!:ohmy: :whistle: really screwed that one up!:P

More
25 Aug 2006 19:42 #72524 by mykznme
Replied by mykznme on topic which seat can use to replace mine?
really gotta watch what ya say round' these parts. :woohoo: :laugh: :P B)

8ball, are you saying you want the ride height to be at the queen seat hieght?

if so you might consider looking into harley springs.
most kz's range from 12-17 inches but ive seen sporties up to 20 inches. it will change your geometry/handleing some but might give it the raise you need without making the seat look goofy.

possibly a mix of both. springs and seat height

Post edited by: mykznme, at: 2006/08/25 22:50

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

More
26 Aug 2006 04:34 #72602 by heartless
Replied by heartless on topic which seat can use to replace mine?

8ball, are you saying you want the ride height to be at the queen seat hieght?

actually, i think what he is trying to say is he wants a flatter seat - at least thats what I am getting out of his post. and having a "new" seat, i am thinking he doesnt want to go modifying it, but would rather replace it with something more suited to him...

btw - nice looking bike, 8ball.

More
26 Aug 2006 11:53 #72654 by Mikes82KZ1100
Replied by Mikes82KZ1100 on topic which seat can use to replace mine?
heartless wrote:

actually, i think what he is trying to say is he wants a flatter seat - at least thats what I am getting out of his post. and having a "new" seat, i am thinking he doesnt want to go modifying it, but would rather replace it with something more suited to him...

btw - nice looking bike, 8ball.

I think that is what he's talking about. I'm thinking of either a solo spring seat or a flat seat myself so I can scoot farther back. The hump makes you sit too far forward to be comfortable for where the pegs,shifter & brake are. The other option is forward controls. I kinda like that idea better since the peg location on the crash bars is comfortable for me with the stock seat. Changeing the seat would be the easy way but forward controls would be nice AND different too. When is the last time you saw a KZ with forward controls?

More
28 Aug 2006 07:17 #72948 by 8ball
Replied by 8ball on topic which seat can use to replace mine?
shoot - sorry to be off this thread for so long. i had to work over the weekend.
yeah, i was just talking about a replacement seat, something that i could sit a little farther back on. that two-up seat just pushed me a little too far forward to be comfortable. something that was more flat would be a lot better, but i'm just not sure which seat. i was going to put a corbin on it when i got it, but I don't know now. the corbin looks like it might have the same problem that this seat has - which is a bump where my a** should be. i like this seat from american classics a lot. now, if i could just find one for less than $300 - that makes my a** hurt worse than the seat that's on there!
Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2006 07:40 #72953 by ThousandKaw
Replied by ThousandKaw on topic which seat can use to replace mine?
8Ball,

Just find yourself a stock KZ1000A model seat. It's flat like a board, just like the old Z1 seats. You can sit anywhere you want on it.

You have an LTD seat with the "step" in it for two up riding.

Personally I like the LTD seat but I'm nowhere near your physical dimensions, and although that "bump" could be a little farther back, it does help anchor you for those long rides, at least it does me.

\"Shady Slim\"
1951 Indian 80 CI
1974 MT1
1974 F11 X 2
1975 KX250 More fun than a guy should have
1977 KZ1000 Hooker Headers

More
28 Aug 2006 17:43 #73061 by ScottZ
Replied by ScottZ on topic which seat can use to replace mine?
Do you have a weebsite for the American Classic seats?