Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Smaller Cafe Style rear lights without cutting/welding? 18 May 2024 18:07 #899274

• ThatYeti
  • ThatYeti's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10
Any idea if that'll be ok to run since I can't find small enough seals?
'76 KZ400

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Smaller Cafe Style rear lights without cutting/welding? 24 Jun 2024 06:37 #901220

• ThatYeti
  • User
 Bringing this one back up from the dead as I finally got to trying to swap this in yesterday, and the pin connectors didn't seem to work much at all so I pulled them off and tried to use wire it directly to make sure it at least worked and I can get the running light on, I get no change for the brakes and the dash has the brake light blinking when it's hooked up. Is there something special I need to do to accommodate the LEDs?
'76 KZ400

Last edit: by ThatYeti.

Smaller Cafe Style rear lights without cutting/welding? Yesterday 11:35 #901310

• xstreamcanadian
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
did you connect the brake switch wire? Dumb question, but its separate. Secondly you can test the switch at the front brake, test the switch at the rear foot  pedal switch and then follow it back. I had issues with mine too. I added a flasher that flashes the brake light three times when you first hit the brake and then steady on. Makes it more visible. I also added led turn signals and LED flashers (two as I have hazard as well) and they had brake lights on them too so they also flash, and then go back to either signal or solid brake light. They are red and amber internally. I could check wiring under my seat if you want, and send a photo but mine is a 650 not sure they are the same or not 

Smaller Cafe Style rear lights without cutting/welding? Yesterday 13:02 #901315

• ThatYeti
  • User
Thanks and yes I connected them all but I've got the resistors that just came in I'm going to try, otherwise I think I may have just gotten a bad light unit; was only $10 after all so I don't know that the quality control is super high.
'76 KZ400