Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1980 KZ440 LTD Belt Tire Options/Reccomendations 11 Oct 2019 10:41 #812258

• iWant2RideMyBike
  • iWant2RideMyBike's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • I just want to ride and have a good time doin it.
  • Thank you received: 2

TexasKZ wrote: How about these?
www.avontyres.com/en-us/tyres/?searchtyp...Z+440+LTD+Belt+Drive

I have had good luck with Avons

Those look pretty nice! I'm not sure which one's i'm going to get just yet. I'm still debating with myself as to which I would prefer. I'll add these to my list of possible choices though. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1980 KZ440 LTD Belt Tire Options/Reccomendations 11 Oct 2019 10:44 #812259

• iWant2RideMyBike
  • User

650ed wrote: Even though the word "Firestone" may be present on the tire those tires are made by Coker; Firestone has not made motorcycle tires for quite a few decades. I would not use them on any bike I planned to ride since their tread pattern was designed decades ago and is not nearly as good as any modern motorcycle tire tread pattern. Notice even the Coker statement says they are "extremely popular for pre-WWII American motorcycles." The link below explains. Keep in mind that motorcycle tires keep the rider from becoming a stain on the asphalt, so buying really good tires with excellent wet and dry traction characteristics is quite important from a safety perspective. A flat tire on a car is an inconvenience; a flat tire on a bike lead to a tombstone. Ed

www.cokertire.com/tires/styles/motorcycle-bike.html

Thank you for pointing that out. I definitely did not realize that they weren't actually Firestone tires. The tires are incredibly important and I want to make a good choice on which ones to get, but they're also such a large part of the bikes aesthetic. I want to get safe and dependable tires, while also satisfying my desire for a good looking wheel to complement the bike. 98% chance that I will not be getting the Corker tires though, haha.

1980 KZ440 LTD Belt Tire Options/Reccomendations 11 Oct 2019 11:15 #812260

• iWant2RideMyBike
  • User

Nerdy wrote: Try looking at denniskirk.com.

You can enter your year and model of bike and search for exact-fit parts, including tires. I bought a set of tires a couple years ago for my 440 project bike; now if I could only remember what they are. :unsure:

They're still in the box. I'll try to check tomorrow or on the weekend.

I took a look there and I found a coupe different sets that could work! Namely a set of Continental Conti Twin RB2/K112 Tires , which seem very nice. I like the look of them, and they're not crazy expensive. (Although they are a little on the higher end of the price range) I'm torn a bit between these Continental tires or the Pirelli MT66 Route 66 tires, but those are the one's I'm currently leaning towards.

• Page: