Kudos to Bad @ss painter Mark Wing

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
09 Aug 2010 09:41 #389593 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic Kudos to Bad @ss painter Mark Wing
Mark Wing wrote:

Sure, I put two pieces of 1/4 inch tape around the tear drop then pealed away the inner tape line.

Mark

Wow...that's extremely clean for being a piece of 1/4" tape that was removed. I take it the black was the base color of the tank, then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2010 09:57 #389599 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic Kudos to Bad @ss painter Mark Wing
It's called fine-line and it's a vinel tape that leaves nice clean lines.

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
09 Aug 2010 11:00 #389607 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic Kudos to Bad @ss painter Mark Wing
Mark Wing wrote:

Sure Mark, that's done with a Hose of Kolor product called Marblizer and it cones in a verity of colors this one was silver. You just spray it on and let it set for a few seconds and then just wipe it with your hand wearing a latex glove. Try and move in the same direction and then I sprayed Candy Burgundy over it. It's a real easy product to play with, you can use aluminum foil or plastic wrap or what ever you have to get different looks with it. It's hard to screw up using this stuff.

Mark

Interesting stuff! If you used a light color of marblizer and sprayed over it with black, would you still be able to see the effect?

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
09 Aug 2010 13:12 - 09 Aug 2010 13:14 #389641 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Kudos to Bad @ss painter Mark Wing
KZ250LTD wrote:

Mark Wing wrote:

Sure Mark, that's done with a Hose of Kolor product called Marblizer and it cones in a verity of colors this one was silver. You just spray it on and let it set for a few seconds and then just wipe it with your hand wearing a latex glove. Try and move in the same direction and then I sprayed Candy Burgundy over it. It's a real easy product to play with, you can use aluminum foil or plastic wrap or what ever you have to get different looks with it. It's hard to screw up using this stuff.

Mark

Interesting stuff! If you used a light color of marblizer and sprayed over it with black, would you still be able to see the effect?

no i think u are confusing 2 conversation from above.
he sprayed Candy Burgundy over Hose of Kolor product called Marblizer in a silver color.

Mark, that looks very cool. is that the same product in the red flames?
do u need to use a particular primer and clear with that? i have some 2 pt eurathane clear coat, is that ok to use over it?

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)
Last edit: 09 Aug 2010 13:14 by mark1122.

More
09 Aug 2010 14:26 #389668 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic Kudos to Bad @ss painter Mark Wing
KZ250LTD yes the black would cover the marblizer unless you had a lot of clear in the black to make it transparent.

yes Mark both the red and green flames are done with marblizer. I forgot to say the marblizer works best over a dark base like black to get a good contrast and any good two part urethane clear will work. It adds some texture to the paint so clearing and wet sanding and re clearing is necessary.

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
11 Aug 2010 12:45 #390132 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Kudos to Bad @ss painter Mark Wing
i'm not sure if i have enough patients for that type of job. i may have to keep it simple. it sure looks good though. we'll see.
Thanks Mark.

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
11 Aug 2010 13:02 #390134 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic Kudos to Bad @ss painter Mark Wing
Same here ...