Some parts back from powder coat

More
24 May 2009 13:13 #293696 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Some parts back from powder coat
A tip about SS braided lines: they will act like a slow speed file against paint,electrical wires,cables and other brake lines.

I got some 1/4" I.D. black spiral wrap and covered my lines to reduce/eliminate any chance of damage like this.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yggy
  • User
  • more wrenching than riding!
More
24 May 2009 13:34 - 24 May 2009 13:36 #293698 by yggy
Replied by yggy on topic Some parts back from powder coat
Looking nice! alot of prep work that stuff?

About those SS brakelines, i ordered mine from goodridge over here in Europe. They come with some tubing over the braided steel lines.so no chance to wreck any paint!

they cost a few but they are worth every penny..

1980 EU-z650 c4 one of the few C's around..
Last edit: 24 May 2009 13:36 by yggy.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
24 May 2009 13:40 - 24 May 2009 16:39 #293700 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Some parts back from powder coat
wow nice job getting those parts cleaned up,they'll look great...congrats to you and your girl.....better not let my amy see that ring...she might start wanting one.....nice dog...nice...pics...love it....thanks craig....nice bike too

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 24 May 2009 16:39 by trianglelaguna.

• hardr0ck68
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
More
24 May 2009 15:56 #293722 by hardr0ck68
Replied by hardr0ck68 on topic Some parts back from powder coat
Thanks for all the positive comments!

Mark: My buddy Rob graduated high school with me, his whole family run a shop together. They have taken care of me for years... he is a great friend and a talented mechanic. One of my very best friends. I know how hard it is for him because he is a great guy, and of course many people are his friend...when their car is broken. He rides a R6; but lets not hold it aginst him :)

Yggy: I did the prep (sand blasting and some taping, Rob helped with the tape) other than that, he preheated the parts, he said if you preheat there is no need to worry about finger prints and grease... It all seemed easy (using a $500 bead blast cabinet, $1000 compressor, and a $300 pot blaster connected to a $2000 compressor, and of course they own probably $5,000 in powder coating gear....) I really think that the great results came from his knowledge and tools.

Mfolks: the stainless lines he ordered for me come with a clear plastic already on them. I had the same concerns because stainless lines would often ruin thousand dollar paintball gun's finishes... but Rob knew better.

If you hadn't noticed, My buddy Rob really helped me out here. When he told me how much he wanted for the powder coat I told him to f... off I was going to give him more than that!
He is a great friend indeed, and unusually honest for any man in business. If anyone is in the Wayne county area I promise you RTR Enterprises will fix your car RIGHT, and if you want a performance mod done, they are without a doubt the best!

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

More
24 May 2009 16:41 #293731 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic Some parts back from powder coat
Oh no, he's too talented to let a little thing like R6 bother us. Nice to have friends like that.

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.