does this color scream kawasaki?

More
09 Jun 2007 20:17 #147914 by themachine
does this color scream kawasaki? was created by themachine
i just sprayed my test panel, or fender if you may, its never going to get bolted on.

i sprayed it with 3 coats of house of kolor planet green shimerin and then 3 coats of kosmic lime gold candy and then some dupont chroma clear, i'm going to use HOK clear when it comes time to paint everything else.

it turned out really good, no streaks or runs, this was my first time painting candy and i'm quite proud of myself, i practiced a bunch with the leftover single stage black i had used on the frame, setting the gun right and getting used to the new pattern, overlapping 75% and taking my time, well it paid off immensely!:silly:

Post edited by: themachine, at: 2007/06/10 18:37

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
09 Jun 2007 20:22 #147916 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic this color scream kawasaki?
wow,thats gonna look niceB)

More
09 Jun 2007 20:28 #147918 by reborn650
Replied by reborn650 on topic this color scream kawasaki?
Very cool color and nice spray job. It is like The Increbile Hulk Greeeeeeeeeeeeen.

House of Kolors has some really trick colors. If I ever get around to building an old street rod like a chopped '34 Ford 3 window, I would get my funky paint from them.

Cheers - Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

More
09 Jun 2007 20:54 #147924 by Voodoosoup
Replied by Voodoosoup on topic this color scream kawasaki?
Looks hot man! Nice job!

More
11 Jun 2007 20:04 #148527 by turpehar
Replied by turpehar on topic this color scream kawasaki?
I really like that color. I'm working over a 1981 GPz 1100 and am having trouble deciding what color to go with. I think you helped me make that decision. I've never been much for candy because I just can't stand the thought of having to repair it. But on a bike, I'm not so worried. Can you buy those colors in pints or only quarts? Please send more pics along as they become available, I'm drooling.

More
12 Jun 2007 03:11 #148585 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic this color scream kawasaki?
it cost me about 150 for the base, kandy, reducer and catalyst. clearcoat would probably be 70$ more if its hok.

More
12 Jun 2007 05:03 #148615 by Snakebyte
Replied by Snakebyte on topic this color scream kawasaki?
WOW:woohoo:

More
12 Jun 2007 08:54 #148693 by elseed
Replied by elseed on topic does this color scream kawasaki?
Looks good. But I don't think that stool, ahem I mean spray booth lazy susan, is gonna be quite the same.

My painting technique involves massive landslide-type sags and drips.

'75 Z1B with mods

More
12 Jun 2007 09:36 #148702 by speedadict
Replied by speedadict on topic does this color scream kawasaki?
Wow. That looks awesome.

More
12 Jun 2007 11:15 #148742 by turpehar
Replied by turpehar on topic this color scream kawasaki?
Today I went to the paint store and bought the base, kandy, and reducer ($120). I was told that the base did not require a catalyst. It sounds like you did add catalyst.
Also, you used a different brand of clear. I plan to use PPG Delclear DAU75 which is compatible as a topcoat clear over Polyutrethane Acryilic Enamel.
It might be a couple of weeks, but if it turns out nice, I will share. Otherwise, I'll keep my trap shut

More
12 Jun 2007 18:08 #148827 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic this color scream kawasaki?
turpehar wrote:

Today I went to the paint store and bought the base, kandy, and reducer ($120). I was told that the base did not require a catalyst. It sounds like you did add catalyst.
Also, you used a different brand of clear. I plan to use PPG Delclear DAU75 which is compatible as a topcoat clear over Polyutrethane Acryilic Enamel.
It might be a couple of weeks, but if it turns out nice, I will share. Otherwise, I'll keep my trap shut

you'll need catalyst with the candy, if its HOK make sure you have the dealer print off the tech sheets otherwise you might goof, it also teaches you how to spray the candy without striping it, kandy is one of the hardest things to paint.

base is 2:1 reducer.
kandy is 2:1:1 reducer and catalyst.
the base is universal but the kandy must have the same type of clear on it.

More
12 Jun 2007 22:37 #148920 by another82kz
Replied by another82kz on topic this color scream kawasaki?
That is a sweet color . I painted my Superhawk last fall with HOK candy paint it was lime gold over BC08 and a PPG clear and it turned out great . Although in different light it looked more red than the orange it was supposed to be . If I had a better tank to start with I would have painted mine with something similar . Anyhow sweet color .

\"Its all just a bunch of nuts and bolts.\"

1982 KZ1000LTD
1974 Superbeetle
1999 Grand Cherokee