• wireman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 Nov 2006 17:11 #93003 by wireman
frame pictures was created by wireman
lets see if i can make any of these work:whistle:

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/18 20:22
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 Nov 2006 17:30 #93005 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic frame pictures
this is just a mock up motor with a bigblock and j-head so we can start figuring the top motor mount kit ,front mount turbo brackets and rest of frame gussetting and braces.the extended swingarm is finally starting to progress also :evil: ;)

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/18 20:42
Attachments:

• wireman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 Nov 2006 17:31 #93006 by wireman
Attachments:

• wireman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 Nov 2006 17:33 #93008 by wireman
this isnt the bodywork that is going on bike,it was sitting there so it was pressed into service.ill be reusing the z1 bodywork that was previously on bike,just havent figured out color combination yet;)

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/18 20:37
Attachments:

More
18 Nov 2006 18:56 #93022 by solomrus
Replied by solomrus on topic frame pictures
that block finally cooled down enough to let it drop onto the dowels, same for the head. 8^)

that sleeve just cracked me up. i'm gonna take a big hammer to it, and watch it frag.

we bought some new batteries for our camera tonight,and i will post some more pics tomorrow.

this is gonna be such a cool bike. 8^)

--r

198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

• wireman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 Nov 2006 19:14 #93027 by wireman
yeah tried to toss the block in the oven and heat it up really quick to pop out the sleeves before his wife got home,managed to find the hole in the towel i was using as pot pad to pull the block out of the oven and heat shrunk my finger around the oven rack after broiler had been on for 30 minutes!:whistle: :S :blink: :ohmy: :pinch: ouch!hahaha as soon as his wife got home she smelled something burnt and said whats burning,just my finger i told her!:P she was a good sport and let us use the oven to heat it up again and get the last sleeve out that was glued in!:ohmy: :P

More
18 Nov 2006 19:56 #93035 by solomrus
Replied by solomrus on topic frame pictures
seeing your bike coming along really makes me want to get the ball rolling on mine.

i tried that 636 swingarm out on this frame right after i got home from joe's... that thing is gonna look REALLY cool.

i found another set of forks/brakes and such up in sioux city. it's on a running 05 636, in really good shape. then all i'll need is wheels.

then the gusseting starts all over again. 8^) i think i am gonna do less on my bike than we're doing on yours.

--r

198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

• wireman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 Nov 2006 20:03 #93039 by wireman
did ya try the 636 arm on the blue frame?stick a picture up there so we can see it.my arm is gonna be 4"over a stock kz arm,how long is that 636 arm so we can get an idea of what that otherarm is gonna do to wheelbase now that we decided not to rake the frame?:evil: :P

More
18 Nov 2006 23:12 #93074 by geerbangr
Replied by geerbangr on topic frame pictures
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Is that a stocker ?? I think i see some mods on the back half,or is the paint just ground off ?? I think i'm diggin it !!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

1978 KZ 1000

I go by Jason

More
18 Nov 2006 23:14 #93076 by geerbangr
Replied by geerbangr on topic frame pictures
Zoom me in on those gussets you welded in so i can see if they will hold up or not . :whistle: :pinch: :P

1978 KZ 1000

I go by Jason

More
19 Nov 2006 07:33 #93122 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic frame pictures
wireman wrote:

lets see if i can make any of these work:whistle:

Thats looking great!

Post edited by: 77KZ650, at: 2006/11/19 10:34

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

• wireman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
19 Nov 2006 09:41 #93156 by wireman
geerbangr wrote:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Is that a stocker ?? I think i see some mods on the back half,or is the paint just ground off ?? I think i'm diggin it !!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

lots of stuff has been cut off like turn signal brackets and rear footpeg brackets and stuff like that lots of welding and grinding left to do but we needed to get a motor mocked up in there to check for clearance before we installed the backbone gussets and steering head gussets,we came up with a really slick top motor mount idea,actually i came up with it about 15 years ago but ive never gotten any farther than a picture in my head with it till now:evil: im gonna get the turbo ordered this week hopefully so we can figure out the mounts and plumbing for it!:evil: ;)