16x3" rear wheel with drum. Max tire size?

• wireman
  • Visitor
18 Nov 2006 19:05 #93026 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Looking for a rear wheel with drum
look on buchanons website,id bet they are same as kz900 spokes;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2006 19:29 #93029 by Voodoosoup
Replied by Voodoosoup on topic Looking for a rear wheel with drum
I already checked the parts diagrams at buykawasaki.com anf the stock 900 spokes and the stock 650 spokes are different lenghts.:(

I might just buy a new 18" Excel rim from Buchanan's and take solumrus up on his offer.

I just did some searching and discovered that I should be able to use 650 bearings in the 900 hub!!:B)

Post edited by: Voodoosoup, at: 2006/11/18 23:03

More
18 Nov 2006 20:01 #93038 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Looking for a rear wheel with drum
Believe it or not, there is very little difference in height between 130/90/16 and 120/90/18 tires, it's usually only approx 3/8", depending on manufacturer.
You can verify by going to the various manufacturer's websites and checking the specs pages.

KD9JUR

More
22 Aug 2009 03:29 #315665 by kawasakifreak77
Replied by kawasakifreak77 on topic 16x3" rear wheel with drum. Max tire size?
Bring this back from the dead! I happen to be (trying to) doing the same thing to my 650B1. Here's what I know.

I got an entire frame & suspension bits from a '90 model ZX600C out of a local junk yard for $2... They asked me how much I had on me... I had $2, they let me take it all!

That swingarm looks just like mine, right under 9" across. I've heard the 650 swinger is 8 & 5/8" across but inside the frame it's more like 9 & 1/2" so I'm not sure what spacers, etc might be inside there or what I'll have to have done to the ZX swinger to make it fit. I don't want to modify the frame if I don't have to. Both axles are 17mm on the ZX swinger. I believe this is the same for the B1. I'll need to have mounts for the dual shocks welded on at a shop along with a tab for the torque rod, the ZX torque rod is way wider & rubs on the stock 110 series tire. The ZX swinger is a bit wider at the axle but since I have all the related bits including spacers, I figure the shop I take this too can machine them to center the B1's drum in on the ZX's The ZX swinger will put the rear axle a little over an inch farther back & by eyeballing it should fill out the rear end well with a wider tire as I plan on slamming the B1. I just ordered 11.5 inch progressive wound shocks from Mikes XS. I've heard great things about this place & the shocks, plus they're only 90 bucks shipped, that sounds like a lot of bang for the buck! I'm looking into late model trumpet wheels as they're 40 spokes & 17's for wider / better /stickier choices of rubber.

So what happened to this project? You get it all fabbed up? I'm really hoping someone can chime in on this!