Anti-theft options

More
12 Mar 2022 22:31 #863687 by Irish Yobbo
Replied by Irish Yobbo on topic Anti-theft options
Hmmm, I do in fact have a 7000V electric fence module I’m not using at the moment. Setting that up so that’s it’s effective but not a nuisance for me might be a job. 

I’ll install a battery kill switch too, since it seems to be so easy to just force the ignition barrel and start the bike. I’m planning more cheap-but-effective security methods - but I figure that posting every security method I’m planning online isn’t a good idea ;)

1981 KZ750 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • User
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
More
13 Mar 2022 08:17 #863698 by slmjim+Z1BEBE
Replied by slmjim+Z1BEBE on topic Anti-theft options
Not sure how safe a a vehicle containing gasoline in an enclosed tank would be with an energized HV power supply attached to it would be.  If a spark ignites fuel vapor it's lost forever anyway.  May not be legal..

Perhaps don't park it within the blast radius to any surrounding items of value... like your house or car.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE

A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1973 ('72 builds) Z1 x2
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
13 Mar 2022 09:25 - 13 Mar 2022 13:25 #863702 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Anti-theft options
As much as I believe  in frontier justice  it's not the best course of action  here.
Be careful setting traps for criminals as they have more rights than we  do and the law will work against honest folks.
Ever hear about the man who booby trapped his front door with a shotgun to shoot intruders ???
He went to jail for setting a trap.....In Michigan we do have the right to stand our ground , but not pursue and engage ( shoot ) a fleeing felon 
I guess my claymoor mine under the seat only works if it sets off a paint or glitter and glue canister. ( No ball bearings )
The current rage is  catching  porch pirates stealing packages from amazon and UPS..
Some pretty good ideas are showing up on U tube ..But non lethal ( To Bad )
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
Last edit: 13 Mar 2022 13:25 by Street Fighter LTD.

More
14 Mar 2022 02:25 #863775 by Irish Yobbo
Replied by Irish Yobbo on topic Anti-theft options
Thanks everyone. For the record I won’t be attempting anything with the electric fence. I said it was a ‘job’, and by that a task which would take some time and consideration to work well - I won’t be doing it.

On one hand the thief was an arse who stole my bike just to go joyriding for a bit. On the other hand they didn’t torch it or drop it in the sea, once they were done they just parked it - even turned the ignition off. So an arse they are, but at least an arse with a small shred of respect.

1981 KZ750 LTD