Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Removing front brake switch. Or should I say "attempting" to remove!! 16 Nov 2020 11:11 #838559

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 512
And yes, there is a permanent locking agent for D.O.T. rules. Plus? I am sure there is a forum member that has one to give away cheap ?
I use a small block Chevy oil pressure switch, snap-on socket. fits nice & tight.
Then You want to get custom, after all the years I had this, when adding a second stabilizer to the left side. I forgot about clearance Clarence!
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Removing front brake switch. Or should I say "attempting" to remove!! 17 Nov 2020 05:08 #838577

• Kozman011
  • Kozman011's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
Sorry for my late posting. Been in training all week. The bike is a77' KZ650. I think I'm going to remount the t-junction back on the bike and go at it there. THe banjo bolts came out pretty easy. Thanks for everyone's input and it is greatly appreciate. As always! [/i]

Removing front brake switch. Or should I say "attempting" to remove!! 18 Nov 2020 20:12 #838621

• Irish Yobbo
  • User
  • Thank you received: 93
If someone has assembled it with a permanent threadlocker (eg. red loctite), there aren't many penetrating fluids that will help, except ones with a powerful solvent in them (an ATF + acetone mix being a good one).

But permanent threadlockers (and any threadlocer for that matter) will soften with heat. A propane torch on the thread for 20 seconds or so should make it easy to remove. The only problem here is that may well ruin the brake switch.
1981 KZ750 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kozman011

Removing front brake switch. Or should I say "attempting" to remove!! 19 Nov 2020 04:48 #838627

• Kozman011
  • User
Irish. Yes, I was going to replace the switch regardless. I'll get that thing in a vise and hit the threads with some propane!

Removing front brake switch. Or should I say "attempting" to remove!! 21 Nov 2020 10:40 #838717

• Kozman011
  • User
Just an update and to close the loop. A bit of heat to the threads of the switch and got it off. Thanks everyone for the assistance! Have a great weekend..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick H.

Removing front brake switch. Or should I say "attempting" to remove!! 22 Nov 2020 07:55 #838739

• Rick H.
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254
Thanks for the update Kozman. It's always nice to hear how something turns out. Heat can be your best friend or worst enemy.
Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kozman011

• Page: