Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mono shock and fork conversions 19 Aug 2020 20:17 #833283

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1843
Here’s were this get beyond me. Is the square cross member more resistant to twist than the round One?
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mikaw. Reason: Spelling

Mono shock and fork conversions 19 Aug 2020 20:35 #833284

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828

DoctoRot wrote: First of all; thats a water cooled GSXR. looks like a K6 which means its 20 years younger than what im referring to and it has almost nothing in common with what i'm talking about. i know there was a frame recall in the mid 2000s on the 1000. Regardless, that is a perimeter style frame and also it cracked near the head-stock not the upper-shock mount, so i really don't see how that is relevant at all, unless you are trying to push your "motorcycle engineering peaked in 1978" ideology.

The early oil boiler frames is what i'm talking about. 1986-1988. The frame design is similar to the tubular steel frames that preceded it so it is a good reference point when adding a mono shock.

Thanks for the answer. I wasn't trying to push any ideology at all. I am very unfamiliar with Suzuki bikes, so I was trying to learn if the type bike you mentioned used the same frame technology since it uses the same GSXR name. I'm glad to see that the new GSXR frame is very different that the old style GSXR frame. Incidentally, I'm not sure why you are under the impression that I have a "motorcycle engineering peaked in 1978" ideology because for sure I do not believe that is true at all. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Mono shock and fork conversions 19 Aug 2020 23:38 #833291

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1892
This will be my bolt on mono shock conversion for the next winter. ( GSXR engine swap? )

Mono shock and fork conversions 20 Aug 2020 14:10 #833343

• Shame
  • Shame's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
That is a nice adapter kit, It does seem that there is something add to help with that torsional load whenever this type of offset tab is used. whether its a lower gusset like the older GSXR or as in this adapter featured below. This adapter looks close to what I had done, With exception of thicker shock tabs but it also seems to me that the torsional load is being transferred forward and back down to the frame by way of the motor mounts plates. Correct me if I'm wrong... PS,I bit those speed hole add a lot of Horse power...JK.

• Page: