What do you consider a restored motorcycle?

More
29 May 2020 02:42 #826804 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic What do you consider a restored motorcycle?
I call ,what slimjim is doing and pretty much what I did to my Z1b originally, a Preservation. Keeping as much original as possible but having a road worthy bike.

About mileage, do they not list mileage on titles outside New Jersey?

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125
The following user(s) said Thank You: slmjim+Z1BEBE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
More
29 May 2020 05:29 #826816 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic What do you consider a restored motorcycle?
Mileage listing isn't required here in Canada. I had Z-Resto restore my gauges. Bob gave me the option of leaving the mileage number untouched or going back to zero. I left them untouched.

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

More
29 May 2020 07:10 #826830 by 650ed
Here in Maryland when selling a bike, car, or truck one must write in the odometer reading and state if that reading is not the actual mileage. The title form states:

“Federal and State law requires that you state the mileage in connection with this vehicle. Failure to complete or providing a false statement may result in fines and/or imprisonment. I certify to the best of my knowledge that the odometer reading is the actual mileage of the vehicle unless one of the following statements is checked.”

Then there are two statements either of which the seller can check. They state:

1. The mileage stated is in excess of its mechanical limits.
2. The odometer reading is not the actual mileage. WARNING _ ODOMETER DISCREPENCY.

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
29 May 2020 15:46 #826878 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic What do you consider a restored motorcycle?
I get a chuckle when someone rattle can's their tank and calls that a restoration. Otherwise, it's all good as far as I'm concerned, modified or otherwise.