TOPIC:

KYB Forks from JB on Webbike.jap 10 Sep 2019 13:40 #810654

• 577nitro
  • 577nitro's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 56

Dr. Gamma wrote:

577nitro wrote: For Dr. Gamma:

Mind you that these forks the inner fork tubes ride right on the outer fork leg. Unlike the '81 and up forks that have those teflon coated bushing the inner fork tubes run on instead. 39 years ago the KYB Superbike forks were state of the art, and were the best available to the privateer road racers like me. If I were to build a legal vintage big bore Superbike today, I would go for the Ohlins 41mm conventional forks. The biggest diameter forks allowed by todays vintage rules!!! They don't allow USD forks in the vintage Superbike class.!!!!

Thank you for responding, I understand what you mean now about the clearance between the inner and outer tubes.
I'm going to be mic'ing everything a little closer now. Unfortunately no hope on the ExM Ohlins forks in my future with kids in college. Best I can do is a set of Showa 41mm CBRF3 forks I have, they're pretty good, Micheal Duhamel won the 600SS class on them a few times. I have a set of the F3 brakes on my GPZ and they are magical. One finger operations with the stock brake master cylinder; great feel, completely different than the stock brakes, 1000 times better. Best part, they only cost me $20.00 on fleabay!

Thanks,
577Nitro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KYB Forks from JB on Webbike.jap 10 Sep 2019 15:39 #810655

• 577nitro
  • 577nitro's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 56
There is another set of KYB reproduction forks, like the 36mm but in 38mm, part number 74-802 on webbike.jap .

Anybody know if they are the same higher quality units like the 36's? Just wandering; I like the looks and the idea of accurate S1 replica.

Anybody seen this one? mycarboard.com/advert/1982-kawasaki-kz1000r-s1/ pretty amazing replica.

577Nitro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: