Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

tires.. 10 Jul 2006 02:55 #60659

• Wicked_KZ
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I put the Dunlop GT 501's on my KZ 700 and love the grip and stability they provide, they are also the only tires in this size that are V rated so your high speed runs are totally worry free not to mention the extra stiffness they have cornering is way more confident.

I've had the bike over 125 mph with these tires and smooth as glass the whole way, the bike wanted more but I had to back off cuz it started to rain. i normally cruise at 80 on the highway so I wanted a tire that could do it all day with no complaints, this tire definitely fits the bill here. Wet traction is also excellent with these.

I got mine at Cycle Gear and they costed about $275 for the 2 tires, mounting and balancing with full road hazard warranty.
You can buy them and mount them yourself and save about $75 but some things are better left paying others to do for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

tires.. 10 Jul 2006 18:10 #60886

• rotinaj13
  • rotinaj13's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Thanks for all of the replys guys!! Gives me a little direction. But for now I have to hold off till I find the guy I bought the bike off of... Thanks to him I can not get the title transfered, never noticed untill now that he notarized the title himself... GRRR!:angry: And to boot I can't find the guy any where like he dissappeared...

tires.. 25 Jul 2006 14:24 #64646

• rbishop
  • User
I agree with Wicked_KZ, the Dunlop GT501's are great tires. That is what I am running on my KZ650SR.

tires.. 25 Jul 2006 14:25 #64647

• rbishop
  • User
I agree with Wicked_KZ, the Dunlop GT501's are great tires. That is what I am running on my KZ650SR.

tires.. 31 Jul 2006 14:44 #66152

• KZKrayzee
  • User
What size wheels are you guys using for a 78 kz650? Front & rear! I want to put a 130 on the rear but not sure about the front tire or if I have to use a 90 profile. I really like the Dunlop 501's also and I want to make sure I get the two tires that will work. Dont want to get home and find out the tires rub! Need exacts please (ex: 130/90/18)

• Page: