New KZ Owner Needs Help

More
26 Aug 2014 07:49 #645219 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic New KZ Owner Needs Help
You won't hear the flashers clicking like in a car, the y don't make any noise. Some KZ bikes had a clicker for the turn signals, but it was a separate unit rather than being in the flasher. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2014 09:45 #645232 by norcalKZ
Replied by norcalKZ on topic New KZ Owner Needs Help
So I just picked up the relay from the local auto parts store, wont get up to the bike until Sunday/Monday because it is at my dads property. I don't have space to store it here at my apartment.

I was looking at it and it seems huge, but it is the 552 that you mentioned, I guess I just feel like its too big of San electrical components for the bike.

Only one way to find out!!!!!!

More
26 Aug 2014 12:52 #645257 by TimKz44082
Replied by TimKz44082 on topic New KZ Owner Needs Help
Nice bobber! Can't beat free...great cousin you've got there. I have some recent experience with the lights and turn signals on a 440, may be similar. I found that they will not blink until everything is hooked up, all turn signals wired in original with the incandescent bulbs all working. If you have any LED lights you need to get an LED flasher, the stock flasher will not flash if there are any LED turn signals on the bike. I decided against going LED for the turn signals, most were too small, and here in retirement central I want the biggest, fattest turn signal, brake lights and running lights I can legally put on my bike!

1981 KZ440 LTD
1982 KZ440 LTD
1974 Honda Trail 90
1982 Honda Express NC50
1982 Honda Trail 110
Electric scooter

More
26 Aug 2014 12:57 #645259 by norcalKZ
Haha that is hilarious tim!

Yeah the lights I put on are not LED, they are regular bulbs similar to what came with the bike (I avoided LED hoping to run into the resistance problem, which I ran into problems anyway!). I'm hoping once i install this new flasher that everyone has mentioned, it will fix the problem..

I am giving myself a month to finish the bike.. Going to redo all the body and paint once the lights and new tires go on.. Then I will just clean up the bike and plan on installing a single speedo.. The bike will look much better once done i promise!!

More
26 Aug 2014 20:35 #645316 by norcalKZ
So I got the chance to make it up to my dad's house tonight and swapped out that relay that you all had mentioned and... VIOLA! Lights are all blinking, now I gotta finish the wiring one of these days when I have more time since it's just sitting with all the pigtails just twisted together..

Thanks everyone for your help on this issue!!