my plan to use a Kz900 or Z1 frame for my Z1R

More
16 Feb 2013 22:11 #572775 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic my plan to use a Kz900 or Z1 frame for my Z1R
That mostly depends on how they went about raking it, a cut, heat and pull back is probably cheapest but if they cut out and replaced, quite a bit more. Either way you'd want at the least a donor frame to replace what was cut out, and old Kaw frame would work.
P.M. if your serious about it, I'd be more than happy to help save a real Z1R if possible

Les

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
16 Feb 2013 22:15 #572777 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic my plan to use a Kz900 or Z1 frame for my Z1R
Well which direction should I ship the organ donor ltd frame,east or west? :woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

• newOld_kz1000
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • FlimFlamFlibbityFlee !! BoonFryedShickaMuhZee !!
More
16 Feb 2013 23:50 #572795 by newOld_kz1000
Replied by newOld_kz1000 on topic my plan to use a Kz900 or Z1 frame for my Z1R

wireman wrote: Well which direction should I ship the organ donor ltd frame,east or west? :woohoo:

There is a new place nearby me called "Tech Shop" that helps hobbyists and people creating prototype items for business ventures. They have classes to train you and they have high-tech tools, cutters, welding equipment, and people on staff to help. I'm going to do this one myself at the Tech Shop. I'll get training there in how to create a jig, then do the welding myself -- it's been a long time but with experts around me I should be able to pull it off...wireman I'm southwest of you I believe! B)

1978 kz1000 A2 with Kerker
1980 Z1 Classic with Kerker