unknown frame fitting?

More
05 Sep 2012 15:11 - 05 Sep 2012 15:12 #546852 by kzcurt
unknown frame fitting? was created by kzcurt
can anyone tell me what this fitting is for? mine is just capped off, not sure if it is another models attachment of some sort ?

Flag carrier #23
9 @ 50-2053,
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Sep 2012 15:12 by kzcurt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2012 15:40 #546856 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic unknown frame fitting?
I believe some bikes had a security cable built into the frame that could be used to secure the bike. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
05 Sep 2012 15:56 - 23 Jan 2013 00:17 #546859 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic unknown frame fitting?
[IMG]image gone[/img]
Last edit: 23 Jan 2013 00:17 by martin_csr.

More
06 Sep 2012 02:09 #546968 by kzcurt
Replied by kzcurt on topic unknown frame fitting?
wow, talk about over kill locking. column, kickstand, and also now the frame...although I can remember them being stolen constantly back in the mid 70's early 80's and Insurance was ridicules because of it...all you needed was a spare key and ignition for the bike, unplug old ignition, plug in new drive away...don't ask me how I new that, I'm not sure i can remember who told me :(

Flag carrier #23
9 @ 50-2053,

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
06 Sep 2012 09:17 #546993 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic unknown frame fitting?

kzcurt wrote: wow, talk about over kill locking. column, kickstand, and also now the frame...although I can remember them being stolen constantly back in the mid 70's early 80's and Insurance was ridicules because of it...all you needed was a spare key and ignition for the bike, unplug old ignition, plug in new drive away...don't ask me how I new that, I'm not sure i can remember who told me :(

Seems to me I remember you just used a bent open paper clip to jumper the brown and white wires under the left side cover to start the bike. On a KZ 1000 anyway :evil:

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
06 Sep 2012 09:49 #546999 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic unknown frame fitting?
we just never left them in a position to be stolen B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
06 Sep 2012 10:10 #547002 by Tomolu5
Replied by Tomolu5 on topic unknown frame fitting?
Nowadays they use four guys, two pipes and a van. Stick the pipes through wheels, carry them right in the van and drive off. Here's to wishing cancer on them

Mine:
04 Honda rebel 250(wifes)
04 GSXR 750(bolt on galore)
98 CBR 600F3(filter, pipe, adjustable cam sprokets, dyno tune)
76 KZ900A (LTD gauge pods, crash bars, LTD(style)pipes, dyna coils and ignition,headwork and mild port cleanup by cavanaugh racing, K&N filter pods, heck I dunno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

More
06 Sep 2012 10:13 - 06 Sep 2012 10:13 #547003 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic unknown frame fitting?

wireman wrote: we just never left them in a position to be stolen B)

Back in the good ole days I would always park my ratty BSA next to the most beautiful bike I could find; my logic being that a thief would steal the nice bike and leave mine alone. As I was leaving school one day I found a bunch of cops standing around my bike and noticed it had been moved from where I had parked it. When he learned it was mine, a cop told me that 2 guys were in the process of pushing it up a ramp into the back of a truck when he caught them. He said they already had pushed the BEAUTIFUL Triumph I parked next to into the truck and that he would not have caught them stealing the bikes if they had not taken the time to try to steal mine. Stupid greedy thieves! They should have been happy with the Triumph and quit while they were ahead! :laugh: Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 10:13 by 650ed.

More
06 Sep 2012 10:30 - 06 Sep 2012 10:30 #547007 by kzcurt
that's great Ed:) serves um right A.H.'s! I hate People who steal what I or someone else actually had to work for!!! I like the way the middle east does it get caught stealin loose your hand, and if you get a second offense, that almost guarantees there wont be a 3rd!!:):)

Flag carrier #23
9 @ 50-2053,
Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 10:30 by kzcurt.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
06 Sep 2012 10:33 #547008 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic unknown frame fitting?
And if the person who catches you steeling from them happens to own a lot of land and a big excavator it may be finished right there unless theyre in a forgiving mood at the time B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomolu5

More
06 Sep 2012 12:36 #547031 by Bear1
Replied by Bear1 on topic unknown frame fitting?

650ed wrote:

wireman wrote: we just never left them in a position to be stolen B)

Back in the good ole days I would always park my ratty BSA next to the most beautiful bike I could find; my logic being that a thief would steal the nice bike and leave mine alone. As I was leaving school one day I found a bunch of cops standing around my bike and noticed it had been moved from where I had parked it. When he learned it was mine, a cop told me that 2 guys were in the process of pushing it up a ramp into the back of a truck when he caught them. He said they already had pushed the BEAUTIFUL Triumph I parked next to into the truck and that he would not have caught them stealing the bikes if they had not taken the time to try to steal mine. Stupid greedy thieves! They should have been happy with the Triumph and quit while they were ahead! :laugh: Ed

Attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346945759.843306.jpg not found

'82 750 LTD
Attachments:

More
06 Sep 2012 18:49 #547121 by kzcurt
wow that a great looking bike!

Flag carrier #23
9 @ 50-2053,