front and rear end conversion

• sandscustoms
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Oct 2011 16:25 #482366 by sandscustoms
front and rear end conversion was created by sandscustoms
there is a green 77 kz1000 on you tube with crotch rocket wheels and swingarm. i have a 1976 kz900 that i want to do this to. any help would be greatly apreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
10 Oct 2011 17:08 #482377 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic front and rear end conversion
Click the link in my signature line. It will take you to my build thread. That's one option. Hope you have some free time. :)

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• sandscustoms
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
11 Oct 2011 15:42 #482569 by sandscustoms
Replied by sandscustoms on topic front and rear end conversion
You did a hell of a job man and I learned a hell of alot from your post's, but i just am more into the long and low look. Check out the green 77 kz1000 on youtube. It says drag bike in HD. Let me know what you think as far as rake and swingarm. Thanks....

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
11 Oct 2011 16:03 #482571 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic front and rear end conversion
what do you want the bike to do when its finished?
cant spend all day looking through 10,000 kawasaki dragbike videos on u-tube to find the one youre talking about,look through the 900-1000 galleries on this site and see if theres something you like and post a picture of it B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
11 Oct 2011 18:11 #482586 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic front and rear end conversion
You mean this one?

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

• sandscustoms
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
11 Oct 2011 20:11 #482607 by sandscustoms
Racer54, you pic isnt coming up, but all you have to do is serch kz1000 and its on the first page you cant miss it. As far as what i want it to do is simple. I just want the bike to be dependable, look mean as hell and sound good. I dont care how comfortable it rides nor it being the fastest thing on the road. (I have a built 03 gsxr1000 for that). I just want a low, long and agressive look. As far as things I absolutley have to have are the crotch rocket wheels, swingarm, forks, and the vance & hines sidewinder.

More
11 Oct 2011 20:40 #482615 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic front and rear end conversion
spaceballs hooked me also read his entire comment section he has listed and answered tons of question (even from me) im not as into the quickness but the look I hope to acheive someday (hence a similar green on mine)

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

• wireman
  • User
More
12 Oct 2011 00:35 #482691 by wireman
i like the basic idea of what he did,front wheel looks a little close to those head pipes to me though.
i could picture a panic stop turning ugly trying to steer around something fast,simple cure put a turbo on there! :woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
12 Oct 2011 03:44 #482711 by purple_haze
Replied by purple_haze on topic front and rear end conversion
maybe im the only one that cringes when i hear the phrase "crotch rocket", maybe because im old and i remember it as a dirogative term from HD riders who were mad they just got blown off the road, anyways that almost looks like a stock front end to me, i never understood the logic of taking off the rotors and calipers so you can "see the wheel better" i guess on a dragbike to save wieght its ok, but id rather have a couple extra pounds up front in case i actually have to stop in a hurry

the trouble with you is the trouble with me, you got two good eyes but still dont see...
jerry

• wireman
  • User
More
12 Oct 2011 03:48 #482714 by wireman
you and me both,stopping power is always a good thing! :woohoo:

• sandscustoms
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Oct 2011 11:16 #482742 by sandscustoms
Well guys I found a donor bike. Let me know if you think it will look as cool as I think it will. I still have to do some measuring to see if the parts will even begin to fit. But any way the donor bike is a Triumph 955I with a single sided swingarm. I can get the whole bike not running and no title ( like that matters ) for 450 bucks. I just think that swingarm will look killer on that old KZ. If anyone has saw this done before please let me know the web link if there is one. Also if anyone knows of a potential problem please throw that at me too.

More
12 Oct 2011 11:23 #482743 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic front and rear end conversion
Try using the search tool. There's 236870645078645 threads on stuff like this. lol

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125