Help: Brakes, brakes and brakes!!!

More
09 Apr 2010 18:22 #359590 by ELCouz
Replied by ELCouz on topic Help: Brakes, brakes and brakes!!!
After 6 bottles (1 quart each) of DOT4 fluid and spending 80$ on brake fluid. I finally get a nearly firm handle... still spongy but wayyyyy better than before...

Secret? Hit those ^&%^$# banjo bolt with a dead blow! Amazing the quantity of air that can be trapped in these bolts!

Regards,
Laurent

1982 KZ810-R1 GPZ with hindle 4-into-1 pipe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2010 18:46 #359592 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic Help: Brakes, brakes and brakes!!!
PLUMMEN wrote:

zip tie the lever to the bar overnight and just keep bleeding,they can be a real bitch some times :(

the fronts seem to be real bitch for whatever reason.....i replaced both front lines with braided and i started with the caliper farthest away from the master....still took me 2 hours.....i did mine 2 years ago, but i remember getting a fairly decent lever and letting it sit for an hour or 2, and the rubber diaphram dropped a little and the lever tightened right up and the brake feel and lever feel was great....

More
06 May 2010 07:59 #365890 by ELCouz
Replied by ELCouz on topic Help: Brakes, brakes and brakes!!!
Hi,
After months of bleeding and being crazy about it... took the kz to a dealer... they were unable to fix the spongy brake lever.

They show me that my caliper are moving when braking (like flexing)... what can i do for this? I suspected the bushing from the caliper bolts are too worn. But he showed me the flexing when he put a wrench between the brake pads and applied maximum lever pressure (to the bar)... Is the calipers FUBAR (metal fatigue maybe? but i've check no cracks whatsoever) and need to be replaced? If yes, are there any NEW replacement , oem or aftermarket i can buy for the KZ750R1?

Regards,

A desperate man who want to ride this thing safely!

Laurent

1982 KZ810-R1 GPZ with hindle 4-into-1 pipe