Push or Pull?

More
27 Mar 2010 18:33 #356606 by sm0kinace
Replied by sm0kinace on topic Push or Pull?
trianglelaguna wrote:

my first kz broke the pull cable at the beach in 1985... hitched a ride with friends home,and i left it there two days till a buddy pointed out that i could get a ride out there and switch the push cable over to pull and ride it back into town.....always just ran a pull after that......

sorry man i just find it very amusing that the 'spare' cable came in handy on your first bike and you've purposefully eliminated it ever since :lol:

1978 KZ650
Ichyta, KS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2010 18:45 #356611 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Push or Pull?
certain carbs have trouble closing without the extra cable

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
27 Mar 2010 19:07 #356615 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Push or Pull?
Some carbs have trouble with dual cables too. I had low bars on the KZ1000MKII for years and it didn't matter how the cables were adjusted, they would somehow bind and it was like I had built in cruise control. let off the throttle, take my hands off, the grip would stay put or return to idle very slowly. I fought this condition for a couple years thinking it was fixed here and there, but the problem could not be adjusted out. Yes I used new Kawasaki cables, even new shorter cables, adjusted every way possible under the sun. No way it would work with those low bars so off with the push cable. After returning to stock bars, the push/pull worked out OK, but still no need for it.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
28 Mar 2010 08:14 #356696 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic Push or Pull?
Something else from what others have mentioned.... If you get a MotionPro cable, check the ends prior to installation. If there are any burrs or anything, file them down. Otherwise, they could bind, causing premature failure. Also, be sure to lubricate the cable & cable ends.