6204RS Wheel Bearings

More
10 Feb 2010 13:28 - 10 Feb 2010 13:40 #347591 by KLD
Replied by KLD on topic 6204RS Wheel Bearings
650ed wrote:

KLD wrote:

Back your accusations up. Just because they are made in china doesn't mean they are not at least comparable quality to OEM or better. I'll be more then happy to read about quality issues,premature failures, etc.

Of course you are correct. I say buy them instead of a name brand and put them in your bike (not mine). You may be able to save enough money to buy a 6 pack. Whatever you do, don't buy a brand like All Balls, Timken, FAG, NSK, SKF, or Koyo. Those companies all have proven track records of superior products. These simply will not do when you can take a chance with an unknown brand of bearing that may fail and send you skidding down the highway on your ass. B)

I would like to see where you found this information.

To z1;
I saw you sell wheel bearings also, though, they didn't post the quality specifications so I didn't bother. If you would kindly post those, I would like to compare them to the ones I have currently.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2010 13:40 by KLD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2010 16:34 #347607 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic 6204RS Wheel Bearings
KLD wrote:

Back your accusations up. Just because they are made in china doesn't mean they are not at least comparable quality to OEM or better. ....

It doesn't mean they are either.... And there's the rub. Each buyer of an off-brand product takes that chance. I don't know anything about wheel bearings, but I've heard about All-Balls & others have recommended them. Plus it was simply easier to get them at Z1: they sure look like nice bearings. And it's handy that they come w the seals. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered cleaning, inspecting & regreasing the speedo drive. :blush: :)

More
10 Feb 2010 16:51 #347614 by jeffasaki
Replied by jeffasaki on topic 6204RS Wheel Bearings
The C3 part of the bearing number indicates that these bearings are built to closer tolarances.The only concern I would have is if the std 6204rs was specified to compensate for thermal expansion.

78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada

More
10 Feb 2010 18:59 #347642 by KLD
Replied by KLD on topic 6204RS Wheel Bearings
Welp, We'll see how they do once spring comes around ;). I actually spent a little while pulling out the old bearings and they actually doubled them up on the sprocket side. So looks like I'm going to need one more,Shit..