Victems of your local motorcycle dealer

More
28 Apr 2009 13:51 #286018 by lapeerray
Replied by lapeerray on topic Victems of your local motorcycle dealer
My buddy gets in an accident, collission with another bike the guy works at the dealership I started this thread with. 2 blocks from the dealership in fact, so he has a truck and trailer sent down, picks up both bikes. My freind gets the call your bikes fineshed so we go to pick it up and as we are loading it i noticed the front rim was still bent. Two weeks later we are back to pick it up again.:angry:

78kz650b2, 2009 kawasaki 25 hp Oturn John Deere with a 62" cut I had to have it. It was green and was powered by KAWI...,78 yamaha golfcar, Gone but not forgoten 82 v65 magna, 89 1200 Vmax, 72 GS380GT mint with 2000m.grandfather baught brand new in 72

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2009 14:01 - 28 Apr 2009 14:05 #286022 by lapeerray
Replied by lapeerray on topic Victems of your local motorcycle dealer
timebomb33 wrote:

speaking as a motorcycle mechanic for almost twenty years and as college instructor of same now for a grand total of one year it is sad to hear things like this about my profession. did they charge you for a full tune-up it sounds like the just did a service on it a full tune-up consists of many different things and removal of air filter is one of the first things you do. it gives the parts guy's time to track down one if it needs to be replaced. a full tune-up is valve adjust, carb sync and adjustment check all fluids top up if needed, oil change check and replace brake componets if needed adjust chain and tire pressures and what ever might also be needed a full tune-up takes about 4.5 hours depending on what model and size your working on so unless the the bill had 4 or more hours labor on it it was not a tune-up. a major tuneup you start at one end and go to the other fixing or add to every thing in between.

I took the bike and told them I need atune up or something because the bike wuoldnt idle or run properly and i wasnt sure what was wrong with it....Just make it run rite and it didnt and no it wasnt afull tire to tire tune up. Sorry if I offended you and your proffession was not my intent. yes must have been a service but i would think an air filter is part of a service.

78kz650b2, 2009 kawasaki 25 hp Oturn John Deere with a 62" cut I had to have it. It was green and was powered by KAWI...,78 yamaha golfcar, Gone but not forgoten 82 v65 magna, 89 1200 Vmax, 72 GS380GT mint with 2000m.grandfather baught brand new in 72
Last edit: 28 Apr 2009 14:05 by lapeerray.

More
28 Apr 2009 18:30 #286072 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Victims of your local motorcycle dealer
I could say the same thing about Redline cycles too. Had my bike tuned up there because I needed to have my carbs synced and then decided to spend a little money on tires. The guy had a very strong opinion about things. He all but beatched me out about squealing brake pads and well I had just put new ones on but the rotors didn't like them very well. He replaced the rotor with another one at a premium price. I didn't have much time to be wrenching on my bike and I had some extra cash."
My starter stopped working and I asked him to look at it as well. He gave me the price to fix them and I said "go ahead". I go back pick up my bike. I am happy it ran really nice. He did a good job with the tune up. The brakes didn't squeal and the starter worked just fine.
He told me he had it rebuilt and replaced the solenoid some other stuff. Well, my brakes starting in with the squealing again. Took it back he looked at it and roughed up the rotor which looked worse than the one that was on it by the way. I thought "This guy." I could have done all this myself like I had already done. Still squealed and then third time back he replaced the pads again. Same problem then he had the audacity to tell me that he could resurface the rotor but I would have to pay for it to be done. I thought "This guy!" He charged me for a rotor because mine had a squeal then he gives me more of the same at an extra price. I asked the mechanic what was the dealio with the starter and he said "We didn't have to replace the starter." Turns out it was just the 10 dollar part I was going to have ordered with Jeff and put on myself but since I had a lot going on at the time and I thought maybe the starter gave up I had him fix it. That mistake was over 2 bills. And the brake job around 100.

I will never take a bike back to that guy ever again. I spoke with someone else who dealt with him and found out he was sued before as well for shylock business practices.
I shouldn't even waste my time sharing this story putting out bad vibes. Point blank he lost my business forever and any of my friends of whom ride kzs that ask me about where to take there bikes because they don't wrench on them themselves. I have been meeting lots of people around here lately that ride these bikes and well... there is always word of mouth that makes or breaks people in this small world of kzs we ride in. I am just surprised at how people are so dishonest about things. The work you do is advertisement for all who are around to see.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

More
28 Apr 2009 18:34 #286073 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Victems of your local motorcycle dealer
Russ Jackson wrote:

When I first got my bike I took it in to find out what I had and have the carbs sync'd. He told me that the carbs were not correct for the bike and he would swap the correct ones for $100 dollars. Then I asked questions on this site and was set straight and told I had smoothbores. I never went back to him for anything...Russ

Yeah, I bet his name was Jim.;)

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200