extended swingarms?

More
29 Oct 2008 11:02 #244485 by jordan
Replied by jordan on topic extended swingarms?
hey zippy, are you running the stock tire size? How many of you guys running extended arms are running the stock tire size? I talked to the guy at d+G chassis and he said they are set up for a 6in. rim. Where would i get a rim like this, newer sprotbike? The guy there said he doesnt recommend newer sportbike rims

KZ810 streetfighter kz/gpz/gsxr
1983 gs1100e
1979 KZ 1000 1428 dragbike project
1974 kawasaki H1 500 sold :(
1972 Kawasaki s2 350-parted on ebay :(
1973 Kawasaki s2 350-parted on ebay :(
1982 kz750(sold)
1978 kz650 hardtail(sold)
1975 honda xl250-sold
1971 yamaha R5-sold
1982 yamaha xs400

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2008 11:53 #244491 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic extended swingarms?
plenty of guys run really insane amounts of power with newer sport bike wheels without issues.how big of a motor are you building?youd be suprised how much of a differance a 2" over arm makes if the bike is lowered down.B) run the smallest tire you can possibly run to get your bike to hook up otherwise youre just wasting hp.i dont think tire size really makes a differance on zippys bike,that thing would probably break a car tire loose if it wasin the mood!:laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
29 Oct 2008 14:11 #244508 by zippy
Replied by zippy on topic extended swingarms?
jordan wrote:

hey zippy, are you running the stock tire size? How many of you guys running extended arms are running the stock tire size? I talked to the guy at d+G chassis and he said they are set up for a 6in. rim. Where would i get a rim like this, newer sprotbike? The guy there said he doesnt recommend newer sportbike rims

Jordon - I'm running a WM 6 rim with a 140/80V18 on the rear. It's a joke as the motor can rip the tire off the rim in 5th :-)As the bike will be for sale in about a week I just don't want to put any more cash into a REAL rear end for this bike.

Zippy

More
29 Oct 2008 16:00 #244521 by zombiescustoms
Replied by zombiescustoms on topic extended swingarms?
zippy wrote:

jordan wrote:

Jordon - I'm running a WM 6 rim with a 140/80V18 on the rear. It's a joke as the motor can rip the tire off the rim in 5th :-)As the bike will be for sale in about a week I just don't want to put any more cash into a REAL rear end for this bike.

Zippy

Not to thread jack but, for sale? what might you be asking for it?[

1979 KZ1000 drag/street fighter
1015cc stock internals for now, 39 flattys, GSXR frontend, ZX9 rear wheel with 6 over chromoly arm, just a budget beater!