REAR BRAKES

More
26 Oct 2008 13:29 #243937 by dman3998
Replied by dman3998 on topic REAR BRAKES
I have debated with myself to go with the caliper I have and get the matching rotor or find the correct caliper and keep the new EBC rotor that I have already bought. I had thought to get the larger rotor so I found one on fleabay. It is suppose to fit the B1 and B2 as well as a few 650's and 750's of the same vintage. after getting the rotor and comparing it to the one that is suppose to be on the bike, besides the OD, the offset is about 5mm more on the larger one. I may be able to make it work but would have to make spacers and move the torsion arm. probably not worth it. so I think I will keep the correct rotor and see about getting the right caliper.

I sent out a few requests to the salvage yard locator's and did get one back but he wants an arm and leg for it. so I will keep looking. not going to be riding this thing till next spring anyway. going down to the frame with a complete resto polish paint.

speaking of which when I sand blast the frame, I will lose the serial number sticker on the steering head. is there anyplace that can reprint them?

thanks
dman

Dman

SE Idaho

"Smart only goes just so far, STUPID is UN-limited"

79 KZ1000 LTD
Honda XRL650L
Yamaha RD350B
Yamaha DT400B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2008 21:17 #244009 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic REAR BRAKES
ive never had problems as long as the numbers are stampedinto steering head.maybe try a printing shop,might be pretty pricey though!:(

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
26 Oct 2008 21:26 #244012 by dman3998
Replied by dman3998 on topic REAR BRAKES
The ser num is stamped but I was going for that NOS look. am going to get all the original stickers done I can do it at a local print shop but if there is some place that already has all the generic ones, it would be less expensive. there is a place that reproduces all the old Yamaha enduro stickers that I know about that is why I asked about the Kaw.

Dman

SE Idaho

"Smart only goes just so far, STUPID is UN-limited"

79 KZ1000 LTD
Honda XRL650L
Yamaha RD350B
Yamaha DT400B

More
26 Oct 2008 21:31 #244013 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic REAR BRAKES
Jeff at Z1 enterprises might know of someplace to get them ;)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.