gussets from the "land of the rising sun"

More
29 Aug 2008 05:13 #234568 by Paling1
Replied by Paling1 on topic gussets from the
jus1975 wrote:

How does having a catch can for crankcase ventilation help?

Normally the crankcase ventilation tube would go into the airbox. But if you use podfilters or no filters at all, there is no place to stick the tube in.;)

A possible solution is to put a small breatherfilter on the crankcase. This would be a good solution for a streetbike.

But in many raceseries this is not allowed. They don't want a chance of spilling oil on the track... That's why you can use a small catchtank to 'catch' the fine oilmist that comes out of your crankcase...

KZ700-A1 (1984)
525 chain conversion; Dyna 2,2 ohm coils; Taylor plugwires; Stainless steel ZR-7 exhaust ; Remus muffler.
Plans: GPZ cams, ported head, 17 inch wheels, EFI....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2008 06:29 #234577 by galaxian
Replied by galaxian on topic gussets from the
I cant give you a ballpark for the exhaust because it not only depends on things like exchange rates but where from in Japan you are buying from. SOme places charge way more than others from my experience but not for any special reason whats so ever. But if i had to guess i would say $250 to ship to the US may get you in the ballpark or just outside in the parking lot.

I have seen AC Sancutary bike at Ueno (an area in Tokyo) where there are tons of bike shops and stores that sell bike gear. A fantastic place and a nice market right behind there but i digress. ACS is so top notch and so expensive that its insane. TO build a bike at ACS its about $15-20k US currency. However you will get top of the line parts. I have several magazines with vendor sites and prices and ACS is usually at the top.

google RoadRider on the Japanese yahoo for the magazine and check out some of the pics from that magazine. Its amazing. Also check out Bito R&D, incase you dont know who Joe Bito was he was there with Yoshimura back in the 70's and has worked with Honda as well along with many other AMA tuners who went on to become quite famous. Obviously there is PMC which has popped up on this site several times also sell tons of Z parts.

My wife has read that PDF and its really funny how the philosophy looses something in translation. They talk about how they see the bike and all but its really just fluff. There wasnt much that i got out of it at all. Then again its hard for someone who isnt inot bikes to translate bike specific terms. I have found a kit in Japan from last year for the brace kit for $260 US dollars i didnt check on shipping but perhpas can revisit this again. Once i find the site i will post the site and you guys can check it out. I may be going to the land of the rising sun at X-mas so who knows what goodies may come back with me.

1977 KZ1000A1, 1979 KZ650 C3

More
30 Aug 2008 05:03 #234697 by Paling1
Replied by Paling1 on topic gussets from the
Thanks Galaxian!!

From looking at the AC Sanctuary site I already thougth they weren't cheap. But They sure do make awesome bikes!!!
Especially this one:

Thanks for trying to translate the document. Too bad it didn't turn out to be the filosofy I thought it would be...:unsure:

I also found the Noblest website.
If I understand correctly, they have an all titanium hand bent exhaustsystem for about 1500 euro's (­± $2250).
Which offcourse is a lot of money, but doesn't sound really bad considering the prices of Akrapovic or Yoshimura exhausts for modern bikes...

On that website they also have a really cool 'right side up' front fork from Ohlins (ExM). It looks to be around 1900 euro's (­± $2850).
I have been looking, but can't find ayone that sells one in Europe...

I sure hope I win the lotery soon... I think I will fly to Japan the next day....:woohoo:

KZ700-A1 (1984)
525 chain conversion; Dyna 2,2 ohm coils; Taylor plugwires; Stainless steel ZR-7 exhaust ; Remus muffler.
Plans: GPZ cams, ported head, 17 inch wheels, EFI....