Sticking, Squeaking Front Brakes

More
04 Jun 2007 06:10 #146125 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic Sticking, Squeaking Front Brakes
I haven't replace the seals on any calipers I've done yet (knock on wood). But none of the ones I have done have been junky either. ;)

Definitely clean those slider bolts up real good and grease em. Sometimes they get so much junk on them, you can barley pull them out of the holes.

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Skyman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1978 KZ1000-B2 LTD 1982 KZ1000-M2 CSR
More
04 Jun 2007 08:39 #146162 by Skyman
Replied by Skyman on topic Sticking, Squeaking Front Brakes
mariozappa wrote:

Definitely clean those slider bolts up real good and grease em. Sometimes they get so much junk on them, you can barley pull them out of the holes.

Yep! That's what I found. It was quite a battle to git dem bolts out.

West Linn, OR

• Skyman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1978 KZ1000-B2 LTD 1982 KZ1000-M2 CSR
More
05 Jun 2007 06:21 #146457 by Skyman
Replied by Skyman on topic Sticking, Squeaking Front Brakes
Another Update:

Okay, last night I cleaned everything up real good. The slider bolts were black and looked like they had gunk "baked" on. Took them over to my bench grinder where I have a soft wire brush wheel on one side. That cleaned them up real nice.

I lubed the whole slider assembly with brake grease and put it all back together. Mounted them on the bike, added fluid, and bled the lines.

Result: Everything looks to be working properly now. With weight off the front wheel, I am able to spin the tire with very little brake resistance. I can apply the brakes, the wheel stops; then release and spin the wheel again. Looks like the problem is solved.

Thanks again to everyone for your advice and help.

West Linn, OR