got a flat tire

More
24 Apr 2007 08:05 #133438 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic got a flat tire
I think I probably should have said...

If you going to try it yourself, you might want to buy 2 tubes the 1st time around. ;)

I pinched one of my first ones, but that's part of the learning curve I guess.

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2007 15:54 #133575 by steell
Replied by steell on topic got a flat tire
Ron, do you carry tire iron, patch kit, and a pump with you? I thought you might because you do some "long" rides :)

KD9JUR

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
24 Apr 2007 15:57 #133577 by Pterosaur
Replied by Pterosaur on topic got a flat tire
steell wrote:

Ron, do you carry tire iron, patch kit, and a pump with you? I thought you might because you do some "long" rides :)

Whenever I got the itch to go *rollabout*, I'd hook up a 12 volt cig lighter plug off the handlebars, get me one of those cheapie 12v air compressors, shear away most of the plastic, wrap thre guts in in Duck Tape (tm) and toss it in a saddlebag.

Works peachy. ;)

More
24 Apr 2007 16:24 #133585 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic got a flat tire
steell wrote:

I carried spare tubes, tire irons and a few cans of that instant air stuff "fix a flat" whatever it's called . Believe it or not last trip I took 145lb of luggage including clothing, tools and spare parts. All with no luggage rack.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

• wireman
  • Visitor
24 Apr 2007 18:03 #133605 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic got a flat tire
if you take it to a shop make sure they let you watch,if they wont tell em to piss up a rope!:angry: took a set of brand freakin new still in the freakin box alcoa truck rims to get them installed on rand new tires at a truck tire place down the road from here.was up front talking to salesman not thinking the abilities of his installers so anyway i heard a load thump back in shop i walked back in time to see this freakin monkey slamming one of my brand freakin new wheels down on a tire machine like its some kind of freakin piece of crap thats been laying in field for 20 years!so i yell at him and he gives me this geico caveman duh look and proceeds to repeat the process on the next wheel ! :angry: at which point wireman picks up a large prybar laying by shop door and proceeds to move across the floor very fast with the shop manager hanging on his back and the geico dude heading out the back door across the parking lot!!!!!!!! the manager canned the geico dude and installed the rest of tires himself and didnt charge me for it:evil: do not let some $5.00 an hour flunky touch your bike or any other piece of equipment;)oh yeah if you are ever around omaha and need a tire fixed on a truck or car stay away from dillon tire!B)

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2007/04/24 21:05

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
24 Apr 2007 21:11 #133668 by Pterosaur
Replied by Pterosaur on topic got a flat tire
wireman wrote:

if you take it to a shop make sure they let you watch,if they wont tell em to piss up a rope!... at which point wireman picks up a large prybar laying by shop door and proceeds to move across the floor very fast with the shop manager hanging on his back and the geico dude heading out the back door across the parking lot!!!!!!!!

:blink: Next time I walk into a Dillon Tire, I think I'll ease up to the counter and ask for "The WiredOOd Discount"...
Attachments:

• wireman
  • Visitor
24 Apr 2007 21:33 #133676 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic got a flat tire
Pterosaur wrote:

wireman wrote:

if you take it to a shop make sure they let you watch,if they wont tell em to piss up a rope!... at which point wireman picks up a large prybar laying by shop door and proceeds to move across the floor very fast with the shop manager hanging on his back and the geico dude heading out the back door across the parking lot!!!!!!!!

:blink: Next time I walk into a Dillon Tire, I think I'll ease up to the counter and ask for "The WiredOOd Discount"...

they closed the shop that used to be in south omaha and moved way out west by sapp bros truckstop,i dont think they wanted to be around me anymore:blush: :evil: screw em!:P

More
25 Apr 2007 04:35 #133725 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic got a flat tire
got to admit, the last set of tires I had put on the service guy calls and said they cant balance the rear tire bearings are bad:whistle: I still wonder how did they mess up sealed bearings when they installed the tire, but either wich way it got a new set of bearings in it

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
25 Apr 2007 17:33 #133963 by arobsum
Replied by arobsum on topic got a flat tire
tubes are easy to change...just be patient. and please
DO NOT use screwdrivers!!! (from experience) tire tools are cheap and well worth it!:)