Can't get The Front Wheel Bearings out

More
29 Apr 2007 19:44 #135455 by sheik*yerbouti
Replied by sheik*yerbouti on topic Can't get The Front Wheel Bearings out
inline4 wrote:

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi fellow KZer.B) Believe me, this bearing remover will pay for itself with just one or two wheels.
Seriously, it is one of the best damn tool investments I've ever made.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

www.pitposse.com/whbereset.html

Yes I too bought this tool from PitPosse on a earlier recommendation of someone here - for the next time - after paying the local stealership $40 to knock out front and rear hub bearings.

And I needed it *much* sooner than i thought when I realized I forgot to but the sleeve/space in after tapping in the second rear bearing... Whoops!

This tool makes removing bearing where you have no access the the back (blind bearings), easier than tapping them down in a blind. Unreal yes but it does just that and that was without and heat!

Amazing tool, worth every cent!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2007 19:47 #135458 by sheik*yerbouti
Replied by sheik*yerbouti on topic Can't get The Front Wheel Bearings out
markmeinteil wrote:

So get this. I got my new bearings for the front along with my new tires. YAY! So, as I drive the new bearings into the hub, I hear them bottom out like they should on both sides, but now the inner races won't turn freely! aghhhh!

I also had this problem of mega stiff inner races when I finshed tapping the new all balls bearing kit into the rear hub. I once again used this magic little tool to bring the bearing back out a smidge to allow the inner races to spin freely.

• markmeinteil
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
29 Apr 2007 20:29 #135486 by markmeinteil
Replied by markmeinteil on topic Can't get The Front Wheel Bearings out
Yeah, I'm really eager to finish this asap. It's so damn frustrating to just sit there and stare at it while waiting for my parts to come in.:( Lucky for me, my friend just bought a CB650 that needs some TLC, so I had that to mess around with over the weekend.

• markmeinteil
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
06 May 2007 01:00 #137497 by markmeinteil
So, I got the hub tool the other day and it knocked the bearing right out! woo-hoo!

• MSGAmling
  • User
  • Its better to burn out than it is to rust
More
26 Jan 2008 21:10 #191189 by MSGAmling
Replied by MSGAmling on topic Can't get The Front Wheel Bearings out
Sorry to jump in so late. But, did that do the trick on your bound up bearings?

I'm having the same issue after putting in new front bearings this afternoon. I think I seated them too deeply against the spacer. If backing them out worked for you, I'll try it after the bearing puller kit comes in, and I order another set of bearings for insurance.

Post edited by: MSGAmling, at: 2008/01/27 08:15

81 KZ650H CSR (Stock except WG Coil Mod and Air Injector elimination)
80 Yamaha DT125G Enduro
81 KZ440 Stock
76 Honda CR250M Elsinore - Sold
80 Honda XR200 - Sold

• markmeinteil
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
26 Jan 2008 21:46 #191195 by markmeinteil
Yeah, it definitely took care of my problem. I honestly don't think there would have been any other way I could have removed the bearings without destroying them in the process. Even with the tool, you're going to fight the bearing a little. I learned the best way to use this tool is with a larger hammer so you can get some decent, hard hitting whacks at it. Small taps won't due. Make sure to periodically check your spacer clearances while re-installing the bearing. Piece of cake!

Good luck with it. :)

More
27 Jan 2008 01:58 #191202 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Can't get The Front Wheel Bearings out
I also bought a PitPosse bearing removal tool and it does work... the addition of a BFH is critical to the proper use of the tool:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A