Bare Bones Wiring KZ550

More
20 Aug 2012 03:27 #543560 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Bare Bones Wiring KZ550

JayHedrick wrote: You don't happen to have that barebones wiring somewhere deep down in your computer do ya? If not no worries man. I'm wiring mine up right now and thought it might be a bit easier with your diagram. I know its been like 6 years so I understand if you do not have it anymore.

Thanks
Jay

In my signature there is a link for "Mattylight". THat has a bunch of diagrams in it. If you search "mattylight" and kz550, there will probably be a few diagrams that show up. If you can't use any of those. I can probably draw one up if it's bare bones, but I need to know the year and exact model, as in KZ550xx where xx is a letter and a number.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2012 13:20 #543623 by JayHedrick
Replied by JayHedrick on topic Bare Bones Wiring KZ550

loudhvx wrote:

JayHedrick wrote: You don't happen to have that barebones wiring somewhere deep down in your computer do ya? If not no worries man. I'm wiring mine up right now and thought it might be a bit easier with your diagram. I know its been like 6 years so I understand if you do not have it anymore.

Thanks
Jay

In my signature there is a link for "Mattylight". THat has a bunch of diagrams in it. If you search "mattylight" and kz550, there will probably be a few diagrams that show up. If you can't use any of those. I can probably draw one up if it's bare bones, but I need to know the year and exact model, as in KZ550xx where xx is a letter and a number.

No need to draw one up man. I'll just search around in your mattylight link.. mines a 82 kz550c3.. I do appreciate the quick response though. If I get stumped I might be giving you a shout back. Hope to be around the forums for awhile.

Thanks
Jay

More
20 Aug 2012 16:03 #543663 by loudhvx
On page 8 of mattylight, there is an 82 kz550C3 diagram for "Toolboy". That might help.

www.kzrider.com/forum/4-electrical/17274...t?limit=20&start=140
The following user(s) said Thank You: JayHedrick

More
20 Aug 2012 18:41 #543695 by JayHedrick

loudhvx wrote: On page 8 of mattylight, there is an 82 kz550C3 diagram for "Toolboy". That might help.

www.kzrider.com/forum/4-electrical/17274...t?limit=20&start=140

Exactly what I was looking for!!! Have you wired everything Motorcycle related known to man? haha
Thank you for your help man! With all this wiring info you have you must have built some sweet bikes..

Thanks again

More
22 Aug 2012 11:49 #544077 by JayHedrick
Got it all wired up last night. Went to start it up aaaand nothing! So I checked everything a couple times and it was all wired according to the diagram you told me about. Sit there scratching my head for a bit then checked for power and grounds.. haha my kill switch I was trying to use kept the contacts open and closed them when pushed. So I bypassed the switch to check it again and BAM she fired right up... you've helped a lot man!! Thanx so much

More
22 Aug 2012 14:26 #544105 by loudhvx
Great! Glad it worked! B)

More
21 Jan 2014 22:09 #619577 by Calebjkd
Replied by Calebjkd on topic Bare Bones Wiring KZ550
@ loudhvx,
Do you still have this wiring diagram for the kz550 ltd?
The link in this thread is dead.
This is exactly what i am needing.

'81 Kawasaki kz550 ltd
'71 Yamaha xs650

More
21 Jan 2014 23:36 #619582 by loudhvx
I just made a new one. I'll post it in Mattylight.

More
26 Jan 2014 08:16 - 26 Jan 2014 08:24 #620096 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic Bare Bones Wiring KZ550
Not sure if this will help anyone it basic and non specific to make or model

This was posted in a different thread.

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jan 2014 08:24 by kaw-a-holic. Reason: Changed file extension