Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No Power Anywhere - Except Starter 25 Oct 2006 16:26 #87297

• ratmeister
  • ratmeister's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I don't know what happened, but it started working last week. I wiggled every wire on the bike and it never went out again. Then today, while it was on and everything seemed fine, I turned on the turn signals again and after 2 blinks it all went out again (except the starter).

Would that mean I have a short in my blinker lines or is there something else to check?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No Power Anywhere - Except Starter 25 Oct 2006 16:51 #87305

• vegasjetskier
  • User
I don't know if the 650 wiring is the same or similar to the 1000, but, again, I would check the connections of the positive stud on the starter solenoid where the battery lead attaches from the battery. On one model this is where power diverts from the battery to the starter one way and everything else the other way. A loose connection or corrosion here could cause the problem you are describing. Also, on this model there is an in-line connector in a small wire (that powers everything but the starter) just off the stud that you should check for corrosion. On a different model, the in-line connector that supplies power to everything else (except the starter) comes off the positive post of the battery, then has an in-line connector. If you have this, check the connector for corrosion. I'd check the turn signal relay for a short, also. Good luck.

Post edited by: vegasjetskier, at: 2006/10/25 19:52

No Power Anywhere - Except Starter 25 Oct 2006 18:32 #87337

• ratmeister
  • ratmeister's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Woo Hoo...Problem solved! The main lead going to the ignition had a funny 3 way clip splitting the wire, and thankfully I heard the tell-tale crackle when I was playing around. Re-spliced the wires and it works.

Thanks all for your help...

• Page: