Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Electrical problems? 15 Jul 2022 20:29 #870437

• SmithDubs
  • SmithDubs's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
What do the two black and yellow wires goes to that comes from the solenoid? I can’t read the wiring diagrams as they do not zoom in close enough before getting blurry. What do they control - bought a new starter - starter works great - but when I press the button noting still - but first what do those black/yellow wires do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Electrical problems? 15 Jul 2022 22:06 #870440

• SmithDubs
  • SmithDubs's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok, so when I shorted out the old starter my flashers stopped working - after putting in a new starter (which works) and putting in a new solenoid (it works as well) when I go to start nothing happens - the lights go dim but nothing clicks nothing - my blinkers do not work as well - I am stumped - I am confused - ever since I caused a short when I go to start the bike this Solenoid used to click then it didn’t also after the short my blinker stopped working what am I missing here folks 

Electrical problems? 16 Jul 2022 02:10 #870445

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1787
At the solenoid "Black" is the switched live from the starter button - "Black/Yellow" are ground
Do you have a voltmeter and are you comfortable with it ?
You could take a piece of wire "with a fuse in it" and jump the battery live from the big terminal on the solenoid to the "Small Black wire" on the solenoid - if the starter, solenoid and battery are good the solenoid should click in (as long as it has a ground on the Black/Yellow) and the engine should crank MAKE SURE IT IS IN NUETRAL AS THIS BY-PASSES THE SAFTY CIRCIUT (clutch switch, side stand switch etc)

If the engine cranks then check the following
  • Votage at black switch wire when the starter button is pushed ( red meter lead on switch wire, black meter lead on battery negative terminal)
  • Then move the black meter lead to the black and yellow wire at the solenoid and repeat 
Wha.t voltage readings do you have ?

• Page: