Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 24 Mar 2020 09:33 #821581

• Bbd1983
  • Bbd1983's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
You crack me up old_kaw. I think I stumbled across a video you made where you were hating on Led Zeppelin?? :) If so you sounded like my pops ranting about how much they sucked in comparison to Alice Cooper. :) Annnnd, that HF 6 dollar meter got me readings didn't it? Only had to exchange one. :) Hey on plugs I'm using ngk bp8es as I couldn't find b8es locally, that cool? I don't think it's a resistor plug. I like your stories, sometime I'll have to tell the one about how I taught myself how to start and ride a 76' Kawasaki 125 enduro over the course of months after school. A bike similar to that is on my bucket list of bikes for sure!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 24 Mar 2020 10:36 #821589

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2620
The BP8ES plugs are a longer reach not meant for your engine. I used them when I was fouling plugs but stopped using them when I installed new valve guide seals in 15. I wouldn't use them in a healthy engine. Champion and others have plugs that will work in place of the B8ES plugs. The NGK B7ES plugs will work for winter riding. The other brands have a slightly different heat rating. I've used most of them without ill effects. BP not withstanding of course.
Steve
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bbd1983

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 24 Mar 2020 10:54 #821591

• Bbd1983
  • User
Sounds good Swest the bike came with correct plugs that don't look too bad I'll regap and throw em back in. I may have the champions come to think of it too.

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 24 Mar 2020 10:54 #821592

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269

Bbd1983 wrote: You crack me up old_kaw. I think I stumbled across a video you made where you were hating on Led Zeppelin?? :) If so you sounded like my pops ranting about how much they sucked in comparison to Alice Cooper. :) Annnnd, that HF 6 dollar meter got me readings didn't it? Only had to exchange one. :) Hey on plugs I'm using ngk bp8es as I couldn't find b8es locally, that cool? I don't think it's a resistor plug. I like your stories, sometime I'll have to tell the one about how I taught myself how to start and ride a 76' Kawasaki 125 enduro over the course of months after school. A bike similar to that is on my bucket list of bikes for sure!

You obviously have me confused with a different bitter old fool. I have never done ANY video, and especially,never done a video dissing a great rock band like Led Zeppelin. Alice Copper? Are you fkin kidding me? duh While you were looking at other people's YouTube rants,were you able to comprehend what I was trying to convey to you about the ignition system? If the local zone doesn't have the correct plugs in stock, did you ask them to get them? I go to NAPA for mine. They always get what I want by the next day. Reference Steve's post above.

Yeah a HF freight meter.. and you might have the test light thing figured out soon now that you leaned how to ohm out a coil I see another west coast chopper on the horizon. lol This is a HF meter..
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.
Attachments:

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 24 Mar 2020 11:11 #821595

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2620
It might be ME. :lol: It's not that I hate Zeppelin it's just they play it over and over again on the radio. The Jocks now are too young to what real music is and wouldn't if it hit them in the face. :whistle:
Love tinkering on my bike whether it needs it or not. The chicks I've had never understood that but they expected it to run and not leave us stranded in Bum FK somewhere. Bossie never did. B)
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: old_kaw

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 24 Mar 2020 11:18 #821598

• old_kaw
  • User
Well, it HAS to be YOU steve, because we all know, it can't be me. lol

Here in the lou KSHE 95 has the daily dose.. Meaning the >daily dose of Led Zeppelin<.. I know it's just after 5 when the daily dose comes on KSHE.

From Wikpeda "At 5 pm each weekday, KSHE plays "The Daily Dose", two Led Zeppelin songs presented with trivia about their creation or notable performances of the songs."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KSHE

They normally play is the same crap over and over and over day after day.. I sometimes get so sick of the same sh!t that I have to hit hip hop, classics, country.. ANYTHING but KSHE.. Especially during rush hour ~5:30 pm commercials and same old crap.

Look for daily dose.

www.kshe95.com/

Listen to the daily dose today at 5pm central.
live.kshe95.com/listen/

Yeah chicks dig it when your sled pukes in the middle of nowhere. Just tell em, you will steer while they push and you are well on your way to LUCKY TOWN! lol
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1

Last edit: by old_kaw.

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 24 Mar 2020 11:22 #821601

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1854
Maybe others here have more input on plugs than I. I have only used NGK, that being said I have delved in the different heat ranges and gap distance to get performance increases. I have to this day not had and NGK fail unless it was my fault and I ruined the plug from a rich/lean tune. Even with that situation I have never had an NGK mechanically fail. Just my $.02

P.S. Are we that old we are becoming or parents and hating Elvis the Pelvis.... !!!
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 24 Mar 2020 11:35 #821603

• old_kaw
  • User
I was in the same US Army division when I was in the military that Elvis was in. 3 rd Armored Division, 45th Medical Battalion,HQ company,.

I think Elvis was in a heavy armored unit in 3rd armored. .

My division was but one US division that took Germany away from Hitler. I was stationed in Hanau 1974-1975.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Armored_Division_(United_States)
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1

Last edit: by old_kaw.

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 24 Mar 2020 11:41 #821607

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
Old_kaw. Thank you for your service.
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: old_kaw

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 25 Mar 2020 08:06 #821703

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • User
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
  • Thank you received: 597

Mikaw wrote: Maybe others here have more input on plugs than I. I have only used NGK, that being said I have delved in the different heat ranges and gap distance to get performance increases. I have to this day not had and NGK fail unless it was my fault and I ruined the plug from a rich/lean tune. Even with that situation I have never had an NGK mechanically fail. Just my .02

Be aware that NGK is seeing a surge in counterfeit plugs purchased from certain online sites. NGK has published the means with which to ascertain if a plug is genuine or not. Buyer beware.
www.ngkntk.com/press-media/social-news/e...s-how-to-avoid-them/

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE
A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1972 Z1 x2
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DOHC, Mikaw, old_kaw

Last edit: by slmjim+Z1BEBE. Reason: Typo

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 25 Mar 2020 11:17 #821718

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
Jim, thank you I do remember that post. I just run to the local auto parts and buy from them. Plugs are something I seem to need the same day.
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.

First KZ1000 let's make it run! 25 Mar 2020 18:29 #821764

• Bbd1983
  • User
Haha Swest that was you!! Haha,
I didn't learn a damn thing from the video cuz I was too busy laughing at your Zeppelin rant or waiting for you to find the right pliers. I'm not sure if there's room for a millennial like me amongst you guys! At least I have respect and care a ton about
working with your hands and knowing the difference between a phillips and a flathead. I'm often ashamed by my generation. I even have a Zeppelin box set on cassette if that helps my chances. I don't know why you old dogs are still listening to the radio,
get with the times and get Spotify then you can listen to all the John Denver you want! Swest would probably lose his mind the first time he heard an ad though. Thanks for the laughs fellas!