Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

15.1 volts at battery 29 Oct 2019 17:02 #813234

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2678
That Triumph harness is good. Just chop off the bike side connectors and wire it direct to your bike. This diagram is specific to Suzuki GS bikes but wiring it to a KZ would be similar. If you are wanting an even cheaper option you can attach spade terminals to your wiring and push them onto the terminals on the R/R. Low acid RTV was used to seal and make water tight.

SH775 Install by nessism , on Flickr

P1040151 by nessism , on Flickr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Nessism.

15.1 volts at battery 30 Oct 2019 10:11 #813269

• ken19
  • ken19's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Since I already had a relay installed to show actual battery voltage on a voltmeter installed in the fairing I ran another wire off that to the sense on the regulator pretty much as "old kaw" suggested. Getting 14.4 with all loads disconnected, 14.1 with headlight and driving lights on. While not a perfect 14.4 all the time this will work out fine and won't overcharge the battery. I cannot justify another regulator if the OEM still works and my son is a tightwad. I realize the 775 is a much better regulator and actually reduces the load on the alternator and will definitely use one when the present regulator or alternator dies. I have bookmarked the sites and saved the pics. When I need one I'll be ready.
Much thanks to all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: