weak spark

More
10 Sep 2015 14:39 #689530 by oreis
Replied by oreis on topic weak spark
and its a 78 400a

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
10 Sep 2015 15:48 #689535 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic weak spark
If you have a bad ground from the battery to the engine, the points won't work right. You'll also fry the ground in the harness.
Steve

• Randombeat
  • User
  • 0 to 100 real quick...
More
10 Sep 2015 16:22 #689540 by Randombeat
Replied by Randombeat on topic weak spark
neutral safety switch, clutch in? simple stuff gets me all the time.... spent an entire weekend cleaning my electric, only to find a kink in the fuel line....
glad i cleaned it all, but i was pissed!!!!

1980 KZ750H LTD-- pods-- vance & hines 4-1 --speedo/tach/blinker/switch deletes -- brat style

More
13 Sep 2015 17:20 #689935 by oreis
Steve oh yea i found that out real well bought it from a guy who was restoring it had wires in the wrong place.. had the main battery ground to a rubber grommet that helps hold the battery box. I'm changing the coil since i don't know where else to go it should be here in a few days.

More
13 Sep 2015 17:21 #689936 by oreis
mine doesn't have a neutral safety it cranks fine just no spark I'm going tot how a coil at it and see all the wires check out ok.

Randombeat wrote: neutral safety switch, clutch in? simple stuff gets me all the time.... spent an entire weekend cleaning my electric, only to find a kink in the fuel line....
glad i cleaned it all, but i was pissed!!!!

More
15 Sep 2015 15:39 #690232 by oreis
so i replaced the coil and it starts and runs great. i just can't get it off idea with the choke off. with the choke on i can rev it up just fine. so i sprayed a little starter fluid in the carb and it dies.