KZ750 ignition issue

More
23 Aug 2013 13:41 #602783 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic KZ750 ignition issue
For maximum spark energy, do not use suppression sparkplug wires, with resistor sparkplugs, or sparkplug caps with the built in resistors. Dyna and I'd imagine others, make copper sparkplug wires with no resistance.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
23 Aug 2013 21:42 #602820 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic KZ750 ignition issue

emptypond wrote: Hopefully someone reads this- I have spark when plugs are out of the block on all cylinders (still) but I changed out the Dyna S ignition, and now don't get steady spark on any cylinders, BUT, I get intermittent spark on all cylinders now. This sounds like a grounding issue... I checked out my battery ground and it was grounded to the frame, which seems ok, but there was a little rust. I also thought the battery was supposed to be grounded to the engine? Is that correct? I can't really tell from the wiring diagrams, so if someone could steer me in the right direction, I'd be happy! Thanks!

Mounting the Dyna coils, where the screws are holding them to the bracket. They have a metal spacer, which is very close to the Terminal. Replace these with Nylon Spacers from the hardware store.
They tend to short out and blow your fuse.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
24 Aug 2013 12:31 #602875 by emptypond
Replied by emptypond on topic KZ750 ignition issue
I replaced the battery with a closed cell type, and that did nothing. I cracked and called the local jap bike mechanics. I can't figure it out. I appreciate all your help everyone :sick:

81 kz750 frame, with an 83 kz750 engine.